Hacking PSP hacking and pandora battery questions...

ivenoname

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have two PSP's one is a 1000 model and the other is a 2000 (belongs to a friend) model. The 1000 model I baught day one of the PSP's release so I am pretty sure the motherboard is not going to be an issue. I am not too sure how to check the 2000 model as the numbers are all worn off and I can't read them. Both PSP's are on OFW 6.37 right now.

I have a Pandora battery I borrowed from a friend, and a magic memory stick all setup to go, and I (obviously) want to hack these PSP's. The battery is the 3.6v 1200mAh blue Led pandora Battery. Now I know this battery is made for the slim PSP's because it doesn't really fit in my old fat one, it kind of locks in place but I couldn't place the cover on it or anything.

When I set it to pandora mode and place it in the 2000 model the power led lights up green for a couple seconds and then nothing happens.

When I place it in the 1000 model it turns on my psp but it just boots to the main menu like normal, instead of the pandora menu.

Seeing as how the battery is obviously made for slim PSP's will it just not function with my fat? It gets power and what-not so I assume it should be fine but I don't really know.

Why does it not work with the slim, it is made for it so this has me really confused. I suppose the battery could just be bad, but again it gets power to both PSP's (1000 in both modes and 2000 in normal mode) so I don't think the battery is bad.

Thanks for any and all help you guys can provide.

ivenoname

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much good sir, that was indeed the problem. Well sort of, I was told I needed to hold up on the d-pad, but the "L" button was in fact the one needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @SylverReZ what are you into?