Hardware PSP, green light STAYS on, but screen is black.

Trevorman5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just got this second-hand Silver PSP-2000/2001 from eBay. The system is still "active," I guess you can say, because, as I mentioned in the title, the screen is black but the green light stays on. The light doesn't turn off AT ALL. I've also found out that the system is still functional. If I put a UMD into the system, the UMD is will spin and I can actually, in a sense, play it. If I press the X button, I believe that's the button, the UMD will start spinning like it's booting up the game. When I plug the system into USB, it charges and it comes up on the computer. I can go through the memory stick like normal on the computer. Also, I don't hear any sounds from the system and the system charges the battery like normal. Basically, the system is still "usable" but I just can't get the screen to work. Is it a motherboard problem, the screen itself, or is it bricked?

retroisbest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had similar symptoms, if you hold the power button in for about 6-8 seconds does the green light turn off?

The only way I fixed mine was with a pandora battery, word of warning my pandora battery was dead and didn't hold a charge so didn't work , I had to solder a new battery cell onto the pandora PCB and then my dead psp with solid green light came back to life!

Hi, I just got this second-hand Silver PSP-2000/2001 from eBay. The system is still "active," I guess you can say, because, as I mentioned in the title, the screen is black but the green light stays on. The light doesn't turn off AT ALL. I've also found out that the system is still functional. If I put a UMD into the system, the UMD is will spin and I can actually, in a sense, play it. If I press the X button, I believe that's the button, the UMD will start spinning like it's booting up the game. When I plug the system into USB, it charges and it comes up on the computer. I can go through the memory stick like normal on the computer. Also, I don't hear any sounds from the system and the system charges the battery like normal. Basically, the system is still "usable" but I just can't get the screen to work. Is it a motherboard problem, the screen itself, or is it bricked?

ParzivalWolfram

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got one second-hand with this issue, a Pandora battery's the first thing i'm gonna try (next month, i'm outta cash for now)

alivebacon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This might sound stupid, but have you opened it up and checked that the screen is connected/working?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over