PSP GPsP Kai (and other versions) - Tips

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by wyndcrosser, Feb 24, 2010.

Feb 24, 2010
  1. wyndcrosser
    OP

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This is more for individuals searching on google, or other various sites to explain why after updating to 5.50GEN D3 that some emulators don't work (mostly picodrive, GPsp all versions, and CSP1-2). The reason is mostly notably the plugins, disable everything... I only have VSH and game categories installed (pspStates, CFW, etc. all disabled), or enabled.

The extra Ram being used by such emulators as I've mentioned above, need the space that the plugins are taking.

This doesn't affect all PSPs, but a select few, and certain plugins do CAUSE trouble.

Problem Occurs in:

PSP 2000 - The earlier God of War editions, not the new God of War editions, the original 100-200 batch.

Also:
    Kingdom Hearts Fix (save state, right before the game crashes, then load state - this will unbuffer the device, and allow more video to play and finish the cut scene).

I hope this helps.

Wynd

2. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think you may be a very confused person.

I've been running D3 for a long time now and never had issues with emulators. I have every one you mentioned, and my plugins are all fine.

3. wyndcrosser
    OP

United States
    Well you can kindly go to hell. Because there are plenty of posts complaining about this issue. So, go throw your sarcasm to someone who gives a damn.

A very long time? It's only been out for a few months??? Stupid. What plugins do you use? Crap like that matters. Don't be a dick.

Wynd

4. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    wyndcrosser, you should mention what model PSP you're using. The -2000 and -3000 have more RAM than the -1000 does, so those using a -2000 or -3000 may not be experiencing the same problems that a -1000 owner would.

Just food for thought before you jump down someone's throat.

5. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    I have PSP 1001 for GPsp and CSP1-2 and I dont have a problem.

6. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    I have a PSP 1001 and the only problems loading roms or any sort of "stall" loading them has been with a modified bios. Different versions of gpsp seem to like different bios' -__- It's really irritating.

7. sfg

Member sfg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    PSP 2000 here, and GPSP Kai had annoying sound glitches in some games.

I use GPSP-J now (latest version was released this February) which has perfect sound in all the games I've tried and it can play the KH intro without freezing, just with visual glitches. Don't know if on other builds it looks perfect but just freezes. My interest in this game = 0, just mentioning it.
    The only problem with this build, though, is that it's in Japanese and the interface is a bit changed, but I figured out most of the things easily and I can't read shit in Japanese.

8. wyndcrosser
    OP

United States
    it's just a FYI. That's all. He was being a dick, so I wouldn't call it "jumping down someone's throat". Anwyay...

The Bios does have problems depending on the build, test, and code.. and of course the PSP version.

I'm staying away from Gpsp-J, as the japanese is a little annoying. I'm actually in the works of translating it to english, based on the previous works.

Wynd

9. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    No offense pal, but you jumped at him first. He was just saying his worked. So how is he the dick again?

10. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Aren't all BOIS the same?

11. I2aven's_Sag

United States
    I'm the same, I'm glad someones working on translating the UI-Interface to english. Modifying the frameskip seemed like a bit of a pain since I don't
    use GPSP a whole lot until GS/GS2 are within likable parameters. (and yeah, I know the game was poorly coded). Anyway, Thanks for the effort!

12. sfg

Member sfg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That would be great. Good luck!

13. wyndcrosser
    OP

United States
    I don't like getting 12 yr olds to argue about stuff, they have no clue about.

Anyway.. I'm almost done translating it.

Wynd

14. I2aven's_Sag

United States
    Sweet, Thank you for the awesome effort Wyndcrosser

15. B3astinSnipes

Member B3astinSnipes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have psp-2000 and have no problems with my Gpsp, Its probly because i have the older versions. Try changing your settings on your CFW menu maybe then it will work.

16. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Probably a ridiculous question that I can get answered if I just bothered taking a quick look around, but is there any reason other than crappy coding that Golden Sun freezes up right near the end of the Mt. Aleph incident, before the main game actually starts? Or any real workaround to that?

17. I2aven's_Sag

United States
    Uh...I've always gotten past Mt. Aleph, if you can't your probably not using the proper frameskip or bios. The main documented issue seems to be with mercury djinn?

18. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Huh. Always freezes up for me right before the unwinnable fight right before the time jump, regardless of version.