Gaming PSP GPsP Kai (and other versions) - Tips

wyndcrosser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is more for individuals searching on google, or other various sites to explain why after updating to 5.50GEN D3 that some emulators don't work (mostly picodrive, GPsp all versions, and CSP1-2). The reason is mostly notably the plugins, disable everything... I only have VSH and game categories installed (pspStates, CFW, etc. all disabled), or enabled.

The extra Ram being used by such emulators as I've mentioned above, need the space that the plugins are taking.

This doesn't affect all PSPs, but a select few, and certain plugins do CAUSE trouble.

Problem Occurs in:

PSP 2000 - The earlier God of War editions, not the new God of War editions, the original 100-200 batch.

Also:
Kingdom Hearts Fix (save state, right before the game crashes, then load state - this will unbuffer the device, and allow more video to play and finish the cut scene).

I hope this helps.

Wynd

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you may be a very confused person.

I've been running D3 for a long time now and never had issues with emulators. I have every one you mentioned, and my plugins are all fine.

wyndcrosser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can kindly go to hell. Because there are plenty of posts complaining about this issue. So, go throw your sarcasm to someone who gives a damn.

A very long time? It's only been out for a few months??? Stupid. What plugins do you use? Crap like that matters. Don't be a dick.

Wynd

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wyndcrosser, you should mention what model PSP you're using. The -2000 and -3000 have more RAM than the -1000 does, so those using a -2000 or -3000 may not be experiencing the same problems that a -1000 owner would.

Just food for thought before you jump down someone's throat.

D

Deleted User

RockmanForte said:
I have PSP 1001 for GPsp and CSP1-2 and I dont have a problem.

I have a PSP 1001 and the only problems loading roms or any sort of "stall" loading them has been with a modified bios. Different versions of gpsp seem to like different bios' -__- It's really irritating.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP 2000 here, and GPSP Kai had annoying sound glitches in some games.

I use GPSP-J now (latest version was released this February) which has perfect sound in all the games I've tried and it can play the KH intro without freezing, just with visual glitches. Don't know if on other builds it looks perfect but just freezes. My interest in this game = 0, just mentioning it.
The only problem with this build, though, is that it's in Japanese and the interface is a bit changed, but I figured out most of the things easily and I can't read shit in Japanese.

wyndcrosser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's just a FYI. That's all. He was being a dick, so I wouldn't call it "jumping down someone's throat". Anwyay...

The Bios does have problems depending on the build, test, and code.. and of course the PSP version.

I'm staying away from Gpsp-J, as the japanese is a little annoying. I'm actually in the works of translating it to english, based on the previous works.

Wynd

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense pal, but you jumped at him first. He was just saying his worked. So how is he the dick again?

D

Deleted User

wyndcrosser said:
it's just a FYI. That's all. He was being a dick, so I wouldn't call it "jumping down someone's throat". Anwyay...

The Bios does have problems depending on the build, test, and code.. and of course the PSP version.

I'm staying away from Gpsp-J, as the japanese is a little annoying. I'm actually in the works of translating it to english, based on the previous works.

Wynd

I'm the same, I'm glad someones working on translating the UI-Interface to english. Modifying the frameskip seemed like a bit of a pain since I don't
use GPSP a whole lot until GS/GS2 are within likable parameters. (and yeah, I know the game was poorly coded). Anyway, Thanks for the effort!

wyndcrosser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like getting 12 yr olds to argue about stuff, they have no clue about.

Anyway.. I'm almost done translating it.

Wynd

D

Deleted User

wyndcrosser said:
I don't like getting 12 yr olds to argue about stuff, they have no clue about.

Anyway.. I'm almost done translating it.

Wynd

Sweet, Thank you for the awesome effort Wyndcrosser

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have psp-2000 and have no problems with my Gpsp, Its probly because i have the older versions. Try changing your settings on your CFW menu maybe then it will work.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a ridiculous question that I can get answered if I just bothered taking a quick look around, but is there any reason other than crappy coding that Golden Sun freezes up right near the end of the Mt. Aleph incident, before the main game actually starts? Or any real workaround to that?

D

Deleted User

Uh...I've always gotten past Mt. Aleph, if you can't your probably not using the proper frameskip or bios. The main documented issue seems to be with mercury djinn?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs