Does anyone else want this?

• Total voters

Manana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it would be possible to make a mod of DeadalusX64 that's optimized for SM64 Hacks on 3000/GO/Vita (It runs best on these right). Deadalus seems to run Vanilla SM64 and a few hacks at fullspeed w/sound but most need sound off plus frameskipping Maybe a version that allows lowering draw distance or resolution for speed up .I'm a total noob and can't help in any way but maybe someone with real talent has never thought of this as a possibility. SM64 hacks at fullspeed w/sound on the GO (pun intended) like a mini Switch that plugs into the TV and all.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP is pretty dead, a lot of the effort's moved to hacking newer portables like Vita, 3DS, and ironically enough, the Switch itself. I'd suggest you pick up one of those and wait it out.

Manana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP is pretty dead, a lot of the effort's moved to hacking newer portables like Vita, 3DS, and ironically enough, the Switch itself. I'd suggest you pick up one of those and wait it out.

I love 3DS but it can't play N64 or PS1 yet (PS1 was getting somewhere for while but it's halted), VITA homebrew is basically all PSP hand-me-down so deadalusx64 mods would crossover to both systems concurrently. But you're right, I do need a switch lol. PSP still has a lot of worth as a retro emulator, It's a portable PS1 among and media player. There are also a lot of JPN/PSP exclusive titles that are waiting to be translated and some are worked on as we speak. Some dude named Kouchan just made an adapter for the PSP GO for micro SD cards up 512gb. I have 144 gigs in mine and let me tell you, this ish is BEYOND PLUS ULTRA!!! :shit::hrth::toot::grog::bow::yaypsp::psp:

AkitoUF

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I love the PSP too but it's pretty much done, everything that could be done with it has been done and people aren't going to keep programming for an old system.

TheMrIron2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I love the PSP, but the thing is 14 years old this year - homebrew development is all but dead. As much as I hate to say it you would be better off using another system. Picked up a Go recently and it's great but you can't expect any new developments, the scene has been totally silent since PS Vita got hacked.

The thing is, I would say that if it was still actively worked on they *could* make a fork of Daedalus that uses less accurate emulation to get full speed in a few games like Mario 64. But there's just nobody left to make such a thing.

Last edited by TheMrIron2,
Reactions: Manana

Manana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the PSP, but the thing is 14 years old this year - homebrew development is all but dead. As much as I hate to say it you would be better off using another system. Picked up a Go recently and it's great but you can't expect any new developments, the scene has been totally silent since PS Vita got hacked.

The thing is, I would say that if it was still actively worked on they *could* make a fork of Daedalus that uses less accurate emulation to get full speed in a few games like Mario 64. But there's just nobody left to make such a thing.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I thought that if the emulator put all of the PSP's horse power into solely emulating sm64 + hacks that it would work w/ sound at full speed even in big hacks like last impact. Sm64 hacks are a genre all in there own lol. I just bought a switch but the PSP is sticking around, it has it's own nostalgic vibe to it that I can't kick. Would be so cool to see this one day.

PanchoCilantro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats basically what i already do. You got the right idea lol its a mindblowing ammount of content when you think about it. You basically never will run out of levels for mario's best game yet imho

Reactions: Manana

Manana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats basically what i already do. You got the right idea lol its a mindblowing ammount of content when you think about it. You basically never will run out of levels for mario's best game yet imho

Honestly, SM64 will be relevant for the next millennium by my estimate lol. Meaning a separate fork of Daedalus dedicated to it's rom hacks would essentially immortalize the PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over