PSP go refuses to boot up most of the time

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by fgghjjkll, Oct 7, 2011.

1. fgghjjkll
    OP

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Jul 7, 2008
    Well, I was recently gifted a PSP go (and voided the warranty minutes after. I love pulling them apart >_>).
    Now that I got a charger for it and a usb cable, I've charged it and booted it up. \o/
    Then I shut it down and in a few hours, it refused to boot. The green LED is still lit until I turn it off fully or until the battery is flat.
    The next day, I charge it and turn it on, it still refuses to boot. It refused to boot for the next 45 minutes of randomly hitting the go and turning it off and on.
    While I was walking along the street to get to work, I thought I'd turn it on, and hey, it turns on!

I put it to sleep and when I slide the screen up, the whole system crashes and it refuses to start up again...

Any ideas? I've searched google. All of them tell me to contact sony which I'm not gonna do since repairs cost 99 bucks and I voided my warranty. >_>

2. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    Try to remove the battery then plug it back in. Also, reformat the SD card if there is one. Don't think there is though, I don't really know much about the Go.

3. fgghjjkll
    OP

Jul 7, 2008
    Been there, done that. No change noticed.

4. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    Sorry then, I have no idea. But I do hope you find an alternative fix other than Sony.

5. Mantis41

Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 3, 2009
    United States
    earth
    possibly a duff battery

6. zygie

zygie GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2009
    Any more info?

Was it brand new? Used? Did you do anything after "pulling it apart?"

7. fgghjjkll
    OP

Jul 7, 2008
    Where can I get a replacement? Sony overprices their official ones and I can't find any on dealextreme, ifixit, and the cheap stuff on google look dodgy...
    No, brand new. Just has a missing charger and cables. I lifted the contacts hoping the current would flow better (the underside of the psp go cover). Made no difference.

8. hack_ziro

hack_ziro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2011
    Gambia, The
    under your bed
    did you run any homebrew/plugin, that affects the psp's flash?
    if yes, it might be, that the IDstorage of the psp is corrupted...and there's no way yet, to fix this for non-hackable psp's

9. fgghjjkll
    OP

Jul 7, 2008
    It's on official 5.70. I have not yet run anything on the psp.

10. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Banned
    Aug 27, 2011
    Canada
    Minecrapt
    thats why ur not suppoed to open up the psp(srry if im being mean) u could have just retured it.

11. fgghjjkll
    OP

Jul 7, 2008
    Cheers, guys. My PSP go felt like turning on this morning. This time, I muted it and turned the display off and locked it. Hopefully I don't acidentally put it to sleep when I unlock it =,=;;