Hacking PSP Go questions. PART TWO!

Knowing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now since I've decided to pick up the Go. I have some more questions.
1. Can they be un-bricked once they've been bricked.

2. Do they have any emulating downsides that other models don't have.

3. I don't know the Firmware it's going to come with so, is there a standard to what I can use.

4. Can I perma hack it? If I can't, is there any downsides to having a temporary hack.

5. What should I know before I run into this?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Now since I've decided to pick up the Go. I have some more questions.
1. Can they be un-bricked once they've been bricked.

2. Do they have any emulating downsides that other models don't have.

3. I don't know the Firmware it's going to come with so, is there a standard to what I can use.

4. Can I perma hack it? If I can't, is there any downsides to having a temporary hack.

5. What should I know before I run into this?

1. Nyet. Its also very rare to get a brick with a PSP go.
2. No. The 1000 does since it has half the memory (64 vs 32)
3. It starts with firm 5.70 but you could get anything (and anything will work for cfw) you can always downgrade to 6.20 for perm though.
4. Yes. Easily. Not really.
5. Is 16 GB of built in flash enough for you? If not, you have to buy expensive M2 micro flash cards.

Reactions: Knowing

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welllll, didn't realize how powerful the Go is compared to the older models of the PSP.

If your into the no umd disc drive and more portable sized than yes but I would stick to my 2000 series which has a better button layout feel and can be unbrick and does everything the other psp's do.

Reactions: Snailface

Knowing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your into the no umd disc drive and more portable sized than yes but I would stick to my 2000 series which has a better button layout feel and can be unbrick and does everything the other psp's do.
Wait... I can't use the PSP discs? Or will that even matter if I *cough* every game?

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... I can't use the PSP discs? Or will that even matter if I *cough* every game?
You should get that cough checked out, you don't want to be sick or anything:lol:.
No but seriously speaking, you don't need a drive to play pirate games you can play them on your psp go internal storage. If you had UMD's lying around then there useless but if you just get an .iso magically then you can play them fine and even compress them to .cso to save more space with out the needs of a drive.

Knowing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can buy games for it off the PSN or dump the games using another PSP (1000, 2000, or 3000, they're insanely cheap anymore) and load them up on your Go.

Dump? Also I only owned a PSP once, and it broke. So I'm very inexperienced with them and the terms.

Knowing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should get that cough checked out, you don't want to be sick or anything:lol:.
No but seriously speaking, you don't need a drive to play pirate games you can play them on your psp go internal storage. If you had UMD's lying around then there useless but if you just get an .iso magically then you can play them fine and even compress them to .cso to save more space with out the needs of a drive.

Well then. Okay! I love .iso's!

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dump? Also I only owned a PSP once, and it broke. So I'm very inexperienced with them and the terms.
Dump, rip, copy, whatever you want to call it. Dumping is generally whenever you're copying the data from any ROM (be it cartridge or disc) and recording it into a virtual ROM file. Most CFW has this ability built in.

Knowing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dump, rip, copy, whatever you want to call it. Dumping is generally whenever you're copying the data from any ROM (be it cartridge or disc) and recording it into a virtual ROM file. Most CFW has this ability built in.

Ah well, I plan on getting my roms etc from certain places.
I don't actually own any PSP games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk