(PSP Go/PSP) or (DSi/DSi XL)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Klightx15, Jan 29, 2010.

Jan 29, 2010
  1. Klightx15

Member Klightx15 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    Lake Bodom
    United States
    i currently have the old fat ds and an R4. i use my ds mostly for reading and games. now im trying to decide whether i should get a psp go/psp or a DSi/DSi XL with a new mod card (can someone tell me what would be the best one for a DSi?)

i like the graphics of the psp but is the gameplay good? ive only had a ds and im losing interest in the games that are out for it. im only waiting for the new pokemon game and thats it. i need a recommendation of games that will keep me interested if i decide to get a DSi.

also im wondering, is there a homebrew app for the psp that will allow me to read ebooks?
  2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    United Kingdom
    You won't get any extra games if you go to the DSi, you'll really just get a bunch of gimmicky features if you head over that way. If you're wanting something new heading over the PSP route is the way to go.

Gameplay on the PSP is pretty nice, the analogue nub takes a bit of getting used to but once you're past that the rest of the controls are simple. I have had trouble pressing diagonally on my PSP's D-Pad but I have a (fairly battered) used PSP 1000. If you do get a PSP remember that the newer models are only partially hackable if they are below 5.03 firmware and higher than that they are not hackable at all.
  3. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

Sep 18, 2006
    Get a PSP since you already have a DS.