PSP Go on sale for $199 from Dell

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by FullMetalMega, Apr 23, 2010.

Apr 23, 2010
  1. FullMetalMega
    OP

Newcomer FullMetalMega Advanced Member

United States
    It's actually $199 now, yet i still don't want one though.

2. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    it's shitty as hell, and E3 is almost one month away, good try dell/sony.

3. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Forget you bought something for $199?
    Don't think so Dell.

4. kirokun

Member kirokun GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Lol, the PSP go was a huge failure...

5. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    Actually, as a Go owner, I can tell you that it's actually not shitty at all. It's by far the BEST iteration of the PSP. All it needs is more back catalogue on the PSN, and Sony is slowly working towards repairing that.

6. CyrusBlue

Member CyrusBlue GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They should change the name to PSP Go away and bury it in the desert with the E.T games.

7. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Other than the sliding design all it did was lose things from older models..
    umd?
    hacks?
    kingdom hearts bbs?

8. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom

9. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    I get what you mean but when i say kh i mean that future games by third parties might not be released on psn to prevent piracy, and sure go looks nice but overall the older versions are more comfortable and gets better stuff in terms of software

10. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    This sale is quit old. I found the sale with google back in february! There was a catch though. You had to use dell's credit card to get it for 199. Second you hand to pay off the bill before they send you a 50 dollar visa gift. It would take 15-30 bussiness days to get the gift card. So up front you were still paying 249 +tax.

11. mphil145

Newcomer mphil145 Advanced Member

United States
    PSP GO'S sale on ebay from around $189 and less all the time brand new with free shipping so......

12. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    - Some people (like myself) don't consider removing the UMD drive a loss. I prefer digital copies, without having to dedicate space to store the cases/discs. (..and that applies to more than just the PSP!) All the PSP games that I own are already on my Go, I can just pick it up, take it with me, and play whatever game I feel like it when I feel like it. I prefer this kind of convenience. As I said, Sony needs to get more back catalogue on the PSN and once they do, the lack of a UMD drive will be a pathetic excuse. I also own a PSP-2000, and I didn't build up a UMD library with that either. You need to realize that what YOU prefer is not what the entire world must ALSO prefer.

- Having a hacked PSP is simply a side benefit. I bought the PSP primarily to play (wait for it.. PSP games..*gasp*). I already have a hacked PSP, but find myself using the Go more than I ever used the hacked PSP. The screen on the Go is amazing, and the buttons/d-pad have been improved over all the other models. It's actually fun to play. Again, I'm playing PSP games here. There are a million other ways to play emulators and homebrew, and missing out on the best evolution of the system just because I can't have yet another device to play SNES on is just silly.

- Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep? A still unconfirmed rumour from November that a license issue was preventing a release on PSN? You'll have to do better in your Go hating to pick a game that hasn't even been released in English yet -- and that no-one really knows whether or not it will actually be on the PSN. Considering the amount of Square-Enix games already there, I'd say they're probably going to find a way to work things out. It's been six months since that rumour was posted.

The Go is clearly not for everyone -- but I really am getting tired of all the people who haven't even put their hands on it calling it a failure for mostly stupid reasons. If it doesn't suit you, don't buy it. For some of us, it's simply amazing.

13. PerfectB

Newcomer PerfectB Member

United States
    It's an neat system, but really, I'm gonna have to hold off on it until it's super cheap. I already have a 2000, and I'm not that big of a portable gamer. So while the system looks neat and better designed than the one I've got, I can still play the games I want at the moment. Maybe when the next generation of handhelds hit it'll drop down to a great price.