FullMetalMega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joystiq said:
If you've stubbornly held off on purchasing a PSP Go until it's available at a slightly more reasonable price, you may want to turn your attention to Dell's current discount on the handheld. If you purchase a Go on Dell's site right now, you'll get an instant $60 rebate, knocking the total cost down to $189. Shipping is free as well, so you won't concern yourself with any pesky weight and distance estimations. As the salespeople on TV would say, you just set it, and forget it.

Then, in three to five business days, it'll show up, and you'll be all like, "Oh, neat. Someone bought me a PSP Go."

It's actually $199 now, yet i still don't want one though.

D

Deleted User

it's shitty as hell, and E3 is almost one month away, good try dell/sony.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
FullMetalMega said:
Joystiq said:
As the salespeople on TV would say, you just set it, and forget it.

Then, in three to five business days, it'll show up, and you'll be all like, "Oh, neat. Someone bought me a PSP Go."
Forget you bought something for $199?
Don't think so Dell.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I2aven's_Sage said:

Actually, as a Go owner, I can tell you that it's actually not shitty at all. It's by far the BEST iteration of the PSP. All it needs is more back catalogue on the PSN, and Sony is slowly working towards repairing that.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lilsypha said:
I2aven's_Sage said:

Actually, as a Go owner, I can tell you that it's actually not shitty at all. It's by far the BEST iteration of the PSP. All it needs is more back catalogue on the PSN, and Sony is slowly working towards repairing that.
Other than the sliding design all it did was lose things from older models..
umd?
hacks?
kingdom hearts bbs?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Rockstar said:
lilsypha said:
I2aven's_Sage said:

umd? If you still want to get UMD's, don't get a Go.
hacks? That's a good thing on Sony's part
kingdom hearts bbs? The world is going to end if we don't get Kingdom Hearts

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prowler485 said:
Rockstar said:
lilsypha said:
I2aven's_Sage said:

umd? If you still want to get UMD's, don't get a Go.
hacks? That's a good thing on Sony's part
kingdom hearts bbs? The world is going to end if we don't get Kingdom Hearts
I get what you mean but when i say kh i mean that future games by third parties might not be released on psn to prevent piracy, and sure go looks nice but overall the older versions are more comfortable and gets better stuff in terms of software

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sale is quit old. I found the sale with google back in february! There was a catch though. You had to use dell's credit card to get it for 199. Second you hand to pay off the bill before they send you a 50 dollar visa gift. It would take 15-30 bussiness days to get the gift card. So up front you were still paying 249 +tax.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rockstar said:
lilsypha said:
I2aven's_Sage said:

umd?
hacks?
kingdom hearts bbs?

- Some people (like myself) don't consider removing the UMD drive a loss. I prefer digital copies, without having to dedicate space to store the cases/discs. (..and that applies to more than just the PSP!) All the PSP games that I own are already on my Go, I can just pick it up, take it with me, and play whatever game I feel like it when I feel like it. I prefer this kind of convenience. As I said, Sony needs to get more back catalogue on the PSN and once they do, the lack of a UMD drive will be a pathetic excuse. I also own a PSP-2000, and I didn't build up a UMD library with that either. You need to realize that what YOU prefer is not what the entire world must ALSO prefer.

- Having a hacked PSP is simply a side benefit. I bought the PSP primarily to play (wait for it.. PSP games..*gasp*). I already have a hacked PSP, but find myself using the Go more than I ever used the hacked PSP. The screen on the Go is amazing, and the buttons/d-pad have been improved over all the other models. It's actually fun to play. Again, I'm playing PSP games here. There are a million other ways to play emulators and homebrew, and missing out on the best evolution of the system just because I can't have yet another device to play SNES on is just silly.

- Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep? A still unconfirmed rumour from November that a license issue was preventing a release on PSN? You'll have to do better in your Go hating to pick a game that hasn't even been released in English yet -- and that no-one really knows whether or not it will actually be on the PSN. Considering the amount of Square-Enix games already there, I'd say they're probably going to find a way to work things out. It's been six months since that rumour was posted.

The Go is clearly not for everyone -- but I really am getting tired of all the people who haven't even put their hands on it calling it a failure for mostly stupid reasons. If it doesn't suit you, don't buy it. For some of us, it's simply amazing.

MercilessDeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an neat system, but really, I'm gonna have to hold off on it until it's super cheap. I already have a 2000, and I'm not that big of a portable gamer. So while the system looks neat and better designed than the one I've got, I can still play the games I want at the moment. Maybe when the next generation of handhelds hit it'll drop down to a great price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr