Hardware PSP Go not charging but connecting

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know it's super late but were you able to solve the issue?
I'm having the exact same issue.

Its both yes and no. I soon found out its charging on a new cable. Next thing i know, its not charging again. I did format the whole thing myself but i still stayed at the same firmware (6.20 Pro B2).

What i can tell you is see if your wire is good by connecting your PSP Go to a computer. If it detects and you're able to put games or whatever. Check your battery indicator if its charging. If not, try plugging the USB cable of your charger to another charger. Any smartphobe chargers should do, just use a different adaptor/power supply.

If nothing still.. What i did is, well i left my PSP Go untouched and unplayed for at least 1-2 months. When i decided to check up on it, suddenly it miraculously charged.

JoZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its both yes and no. I soon found out its charging on a new cable. Next thing i know, its not charging again. I did format the whole thing myself but i still stayed at the same firmware (6.20 Pro B2).

What i can tell you is see if your wire is good by connecting your PSP Go to a computer. If it detects and you're able to put games or whatever. Check your battery indicator if its charging. If not, try plugging the USB cable of your charger to another charger. Any smartphobe chargers should do, just use a different adaptor/power supply.

If nothing still.. What i did is, well i left my PSP Go untouched and unplayed for at least 1-2 months. When i decided to check up on it, suddenly it miraculously charged.

Ok. I'll let it sit for a couple months. I tried everything else.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

reseat the battery. mine does this once a year, reseating always seems to fix it

I'll give that a try

Hifaid

Trophies
XP
Country
India
i know i am late did that issue solved i am also facing same problem

Ok. I'll let it sit for a couple months. I tried everything else.

I'll give that a try
please help i am also facing same problem,,,did you got your problem solved

Shaheryar

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
i know i am late did that issue solved i am also facing same problem

please help i am also facing same problem,,,did you got your problem solved

I just found this thread. Having the same problem. As someone above suggested, i opened the back cover and pull and reseated the battery connector and it started charging.

Regards.

Veni

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same problem with the PSP Go. I've tested all the fuses and thoroughly cleaned the motherboard, but nothing makes the battery charge. I've been removing the battery and charging it externally, which has been the only solution so far. I'm mustering up the courage to attempt the connector mod because it's the only thing I haven't tried yet. I still hope that someone finds a solution to this issue. The PSP connects to the computer normally, recognizes Bluetooth devices, but it doesn't charge or connect to Wi-Fi (showing error 80410a0b).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr