OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

QUOTE said:
Some folks measure the length of time it takes for a new console to be hacked wide open by how long it takes to display a "Hello, World!" message. For us, that metric is determined by how long it takes to get a Sega CD emulator running on the system. For the PSP Go, that period of time has been finalized: 43 long, lonely, Night Trap-less days.

A YouTube video by "Neon" from "Team Typhoon" (is that some sort of gang?) appears to prove that on some PSP Go, somewhere in the world, one can play Sonic CD. Don't get your hopes up -- the video's annotations repeatedly promise that the hack will not be released to the general public, so for the time being, you're going to have to keep playing that old copy of Wirehead on your clunky, Voltron-esque home console. Still, our heart swells knowing that our wildest dreams are possible -- if not slightly out of reach.

Source

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably because its "surgical" work on the PSP Go and they don't want massive spam of complaints from those who brick. By surgical I mean... Think about it,there is no way to really stick things in the Go,so it must be some kind of battery exploit.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
referencer said:
edge199715 said:
Good they got it hacked but the PSP Go is still a no from me.
You might say it's a PSP No Go.
rolleyes.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
This video is for bragging rights ONLY (since it’s very cool nowadays) and shows our Proof of Concept 6.10 Custom Firmware running on the PSPgo. This will never be released to the general public or anyone else at all whether you are a dev or not, this is Team Typhoon internal material, we have no reason whatsoever to waste a perfectly good exploit. So don’t ask for release dates. We don’t care about your complaining, whining and everything remotely related and it’s your own damn fault since you brought this on yourselves. Better version of the video showcasing more homebrew coming next week. Thanks go to Sony for this awesome piece of new hardware, finally a decent hardware revision. Also thanks to all historied PSP Homebrew developers for paving the way for us to be able to do this.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
p1ngpong said:
QUOTE said:
This video is for bragging rights ONLY (since it’s very cool nowadays) and shows our Proof of Concept 6.10 Custom Firmware running on the PSPgo. This will never be released to the general public or anyone else at all whether you are a dev or not, this is Team Typhoon internal material, we have no reason whatsoever to waste a perfectly good exploit. So don’t ask for release dates. We don’t care about your complaining, whining and everything remotely related and it’s your own damn fault since you brought this on yourselves. Better version of the video showcasing more homebrew coming next week. Thanks go to Sony for this awesome piece of new hardware, finally a decent hardware revision. Also thanks to all historied PSP Homebrew developers for paving the way for us to be able to do this.

Whoa whoa whoa... I don't like the sound of that second last sentence... "Thanks go to Sony for this awesome piece of new hardware, finally a decent hardware revision."

These guys are actually trolling, what kind of a clusterfuck is that statement?

EDIT: It's also a damn shame everyone needs to be so impatient about everything, I see a lot of people bitch and moan about not having CFW updates. It's really not that big a deal everyone

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Cablephish said:
p1ngpong said:
QUOTE said:

These guys are actually trolling, what kind of a clusterfuck is that statement?

agree

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I dunno if it's "surgical" work they did, apparently they found a kernel-level exploit that they did through the FreePlay hack. Either way, I'm glad that it's possible. Now maybe someone will make a HEN for the general public. Even if it doesn't allow CFW at all, having all my emulators on a PSP Go would be great.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sjones900 said:
What a little bitch... why would he say that he would be "wasting an exploit" by releasing it?
Cos he doesn't want people to make a CFW for the PSP Go. He wants homebrew to run on it only, and nothing more. If this HEN got spread around, someone is more than likely gonna make a CFWe like they did for ChickHEN.

D

Deleted_171835

Hahahahahahahahahahahaa! This is teh funnie. Already, I would have thought Sony learnt better...but nope! Even the DSi took longer, heck it still doesn't run DSI-specific homebrew. Har, har, har, har!
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megawalk said:
uhmm....you sure everything is hackable ?
if so i would like to hack the internet 0.o
is that hackable ?
Yes the internet is hackable. Internet servers are often hacked.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
... sooooo they hacked it, showed us a video, but DIDNT release it... why??? if you are going to be greedy and keep that stuff to yourself, then dont post a video just to piss people off... whatever, im glad you shared it with us vidboy! on a side note: the guy's accent sound fake i mean "hhhemulater" no way you could naturally insert that much "hhhhhhhh", then he skips the H in hang "ang on untile den" lol. not trying to be racist or anything, but that was INTENSE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.