PSP GO and PSP 3000 Custom Firmware?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by NoobCybot, Jun 14, 2011.

Jun 14, 2011
  1. NoobCybot
    OP

Newcomer NoobCybot Newbie

United States
    About to buy a used PSP at Gamestop. I would prefer a PSP Go first then a PSP 3000. Is the PSP Go and 3000 able to use permanent custom firmware? Or does it depend on the firmware it has currently?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  3. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    I would take the Go.

The only custom firmware that works on Go or 3000 and can have a permanent patch is 6.20. If you're on 6.20, you can chose to make it permanent or temporary.

There's a bunch of motherboards of psp 3000s, each having a certain extent it can be downgraded to. Most of them out now would probably be an 09g, which can't be downgraded under 6.35. If you're on 6.35 or 6.39 and have a 3000, you can use 6.35 PRO, 6.39 PRO, or 6.39 ME (LCFW version). After hacking you can use homebrews like pspident or psp module checker (not sure about name [​IMG]) to see what motherboard it has. if it's under 04g, you will be able to downgrade to 6.20 and hack it permanently. If it's greater than 04g, don't downgrade under 6.35 because you WILL brick your psp.

In contrast, every Go has 05g which can be downgraded to 6.20 and hacked with 6.20 PRO-B6. Also, Go has 16gb internal memory [​IMG]

for more info, go here.

4. NoobCybot
    OP

United States
    Thanks guys I figured the Go would be the better choice. So if I get a Go I would be able to downgrade to 6.20 official firmware and use custom firmware for 6.20 no matter what?

5. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    indeed. Go has only been released with one motherboard (05g) which can be downgraded to 6.20.

refer to the the links posted above for more info. [​IMG]

6. NoobCybot
    OP

United States
    Just got my PSP go used and it came with 6.37 firmware. From what I have read PSP go's came with 5.70 firmware out of the box. So I should be able to downgrade to firmware 6.20 and install custom firmware correct?

7. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Yup, just use this downgrade.
    http://pspslimhacks.com/6-38-to-6-20-downgrader/

If I'm correct you have to upgrade to one of the new fw to use this, could some correct me?

8. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    yeah, you do have to upgrade to either 6.38 or 6.39 to use the downgrader
    I tried to downgrade my PSP GO with 6.37 and it just tells me my firmware is not correct

9. NoobCybot
    OP

United States
    Thanks guys for all of your help! I was able to downgrade to 6.20 after updating to 6.38. From there I was able to install the permanent custom firmware.