Psp Go and battery percentages

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by pokefloote, Oct 29, 2011.

Oct 29, 2011
  1. pokefloote
    OP

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Why doesn't it display properly? In dayviewer, masterboy, and other homebrews that show battery percentages it never displays the correct amount. Dayviewer usually gives me either 12% or 60% at any given time.

Is it simply because each app/plugin needs an update for the go?

2. Palom

Member Palom Advanced Member

United States
    I think other models had battery information in the XMB where you could check the percentage of how much life it has left. You don't get that with the Go, so you're simply given the battery meter at the top right to tell you how much remains. That's probably the reason why homebrew programs show those specific numbers and not anything else.

3. pokefloote
    OP

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I had a 1000, and it showed bars as well, but homebrew could actually see the percentages.
    This is the only bad thing about the Go for me. :

4. hubadub

Newcomer hubadub Member

United States
    Kind of the same here actually. I use Dayviewer on my Go, and even if it's fully charge it usually shows 90%. It's also weird how it suddenly drops to 60% after playing a game, but then jump back up after I leave it idle.

5. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    i got rid of dayviewer because i thought it was being buggy not giving me proper percentages, i didn't know it was a limitaion of the psp go... that kind of sucks

6. KevFan

Member KevFan GBAtemp Fan

Ireland
    Reason as to why PSP Go battery percentage is incorrect : http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9041&p=108583#p108583

7. hubadub

Newcomer hubadub Member

United States
    Oh damn, that I didn't know! Well, to me it's not that really big of a deal. At least it's still giving me ​some idea​ as to how much battery I have. Oh well, I charge everyday anyways lol.