ddrsquirrelz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This only happens on NIS games btw.

I was playing disgaea 2 and zhp, and every once in a while, the sound would get really glitchy. After walking around a lil more, the game would freeze up. Does anyone know why this is happening?

I googled up some solutions, and 1 guy said to format flash1 in the recovery menu. I gave it a try and now my games wont even load lol (not just NIS games).

I'm currently using Prome-2 and have a psp phat 100x

help is much appreciated!

edit: i dont get wats wrong, so i tried chickhen again. the eggsploit pic is now unsupported (it worked before...?)

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
What.
Format Flash 1 and reset settings does just that, it resets your settings. You'd need to set M33 Driver and the rest of the settings in the Recovery menu too.
And why would you even use HEN on a Phat after the first time? I could understand OFW 5.03 -> ChickHEN -> 5.50 GEN-D3 via Recovery Flasher -> 5.50 Prometheus (any version), and you don't need the HEN afterwards.
Also, the original problem makes it sound like it's a problem with your MS. You sure it's an original card?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
lol. extra useless steps when you could upgrade (he doesn't even need to because he is already on the firmware) from hellcats.

i bet its the driver like Jolan said

ddrsquirrelz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jolan said:
Format Flash 1 and reset settings does just that, it resets your settings. You'd need to set M33 Driver and the rest of the settings in the Recovery menu too.
can you be more precise please? im not too sure what settings to change to what in order to get my psp to read ISOs again.

Jolan said:
And why would you even use HEN on a Phat after the first time? I could understand OFW 5.03 -> ChickHEN -> 5.50 GEN-D3 via Recovery Flasher -> 5.50 Prometheus (any version), and you don't need the HEN afterwards.
i was thinking about reformatting and just redoing everything all over. im not quite sure how everything works though, so i wanted to do it just like the way i did it the 1st time.

QUOTE(Jolan @ Nov 8 2010, 05:46 AM)
Also, the original problem makes it sound like it's a problem with your MS. You sure it's an original card?
what do you mean by original card o.o im using a sandisk 2g that i use to use for my camera. i also think you might be right about the problem though, because once (just once, never worked again) i took out the card during the glitchy sound and put it back, and that somehow fixed it. every time i do it afterwards though just freezes it lol.

thanks for the help! much appreciated

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
ddrsquirrelz said:
i also think you might be right about the problem though, because once (just once, never worked again) i took out the card during the glitchy sound and put it back, and that somehow fixed it. every time i do it afterwards though just freezes it lol.

Don't do that.....

Turn your PSP on. When you get to the main XMB menu screen push the select button. A little menu should pop up. Change the UMD Mode to Sony np9660 or M33. Then push select again.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
oneesli said:
go back to ofw and BUY the game

Did you expect to be told to buy Chinatown Wars when you came asking for help? No? So butt out if you're being deliberately idiotic or don't know enough to offer any sensible advice.

Plus how do you know that TC doesn't own it in the first place?

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
ddrsquirrelz said:
can you be more precise please? im not too sure what settings to change to what in order to get my psp to read ISOs again.
Well...it resets them to default. I don't know how good you are with english, but it means the settings are back to what they would be on a new, freshly hacked PSP. Meaning you need to change the settings back to whatever feels the best for you, like the UMD ISO Driver from the VSH menu, or most of the Recovery Menu settings.
ddrsquirrelz said:
i was thinking about reformatting and just redoing everything all over. im not quite sure how everything works though, so i wanted to do it just like the way i did it the 1st time.
You can't actually do that for reasons I don't want to explain (because it would both be useless and take time to write). If you need a re-do, Hellcat's Recovery Flasher can bring you to 5.00m33-6, then XGEN update to 5.50 GEN-D3 (the updater, not flasher) followed by the latest 5.50 Prometheus updater should do the trick.
QUOTE(ddrsquirrelz @ Nov 8 2010, 04:05 PM)
what do you mean by original card o.o im using a sandisk 2g that i use to use for my camera. i also think you might be right about the problem though, because once (just once, never worked again) i took out the card during the glitchy sound and put it back, and that somehow fixed it. every time i do it afterwards though just freezes it lol.
See, that's exactly one of the reasons games tell you NOT TO REMOVE the memory stick during games, because it ends up corrupted (broken, hard to fix) and creates even more problems. Just get another memory stick and don't use this one on the PSP anymore.

ddrsquirrelz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jolan said:
See, that's exactly one of the reasons games tell you NOT TO REMOVE the memory stick during games, because it ends up corrupted (broken, hard to fix) and creates even more problems. Just get another memory stick and don't use this one on the PSP anymore.
actually i never did it before the sound glitch. only tried it AFTER my game got all buggy for reasons unknown, so it cant be because of that. ill try buying a new stick though, thx!

still gotta figure out the settings i had before (i know the flash1 reformat resets my settings, i just didnt know what were the previous settings that i had which enabled me to play ISOs, and i previously thought it was the same settings for everyone). ill mess around with the options a lil and see if that works.

ddrsquirrelz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xist said:
Turn your PSP on. When you get to the main XMB menu screen push the select button. A little menu should pop up. Change the UMD Mode to Sony np9660 or M33. Then push select again.
This did the trick. Thanks alot Xist!

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
Oh man, he totally got owned
rofl.gif

Nice evidence by the way.
GBAtemp has smart people in here >.>

Site & Scene News