Gaming PSP Games

fkw12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just wondering what everyone else was playing right at this moment.
Dissidia got wayy too boring and repetitive so I stopped playing that 2 or 3 weeks ago
Currently playing Soul Calibur and Orochi but with all these new games around, not being able to play them is quite stressful.

I also happen to own a DS but never really had the endurance to finish ANY DS games. heh.

Any good suggestions for a game that is engaging (like dissidia was for the first 3 days) and fun to invest time into?

I really need to get my mind off these new games xD

I own a PSP 3K GEN A 5.03 so don't suggest undead knights (really wanted to play that too xD)

fkw12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yuan said:
DS -> KH 358/2 and Picross 3D

PSP -> Waiting for Jak and Daxter.

KH! xD I gave up after Axel and co were sent to Castle Oblivion
didn't really pick it up after that xD (just b4 meeting Aladdin I think)

I have not tried Picross yet may give it a go actually
PSP->waiting for PSP 3K to become fully hackable.

thanks for the reply!

Absynthe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you know that you CAN play those newer games? Like Persona PSP, Gran Turismo, Disgaea 2, and practically every new game that needs 5.55 or even 6.00 FW? Here is a tutorial by me. Revised version.

1. Download Yoshihiro's Decrypter (http://www.pspgen.com/game-decripter-by-yoshihiro-pack-rtu-telechargement-190007.html, you need to be registered to download).
2. Unrar it.
3. Copy the files in the PSP/GAME/ folder.
4. Pick a ISO file.
5. Download UMDGEN (http://www.pspgen.com/divers/telecharger-145702.html).
6. Open your ISO with UMDGEN and browse to PSP_GAME/SYSDIR.
7. Right click EBOOT.BIN.
8. Extract it somewhere.
9. Copy it to the root of your memory stick.
10. Unplug the PSP and load Yoshihiro's Decrypter.
11. Press X and wait a few seconds.
12. When the PSP has restarted, re-plug the USB cable and connect it to your PC.
13. In your memory stick root, there should be a new folder called "DECRYPTOR", and inside of it there should be a file called EBOOT.BIN. Take it and copy it somewhere safe. Do not mix it with the EBOOT.BIN you previously extracted from the ISO.
14. Open UMDGEN again, load again your ISO, go to File->Filelist->Export, type "Filelist", and save it somewhere.
15. Go to PSP_GAME/SYSDIR, right-click EBOOT.BIN and select delete.
16. Right-click somewhere in the SYSDIR folder and choose Add -> Existing File(s)..., and browse to the EBOOT.BIN you found in the DECRYPTOR folder.
17. Now go again to File->Filelist, and this time select Import. Choose the Filelist you previously exported, and click "Yes".
18. Click the "Save" button in the toolbar, select "Uncompressed (*.iso)", name it and wait a few minutes.
19. Copy the newly-created .iso file into the ISO folder of your PSP.
20. Unplug and start it. It should work. If it doesn't, try updating your custom firmware (many games work only with 5.50 GEN-B2) and/or changing drivers (this can be done by pressing select and by scrolling to the "UMD ISO MODE" voice. If the menu doesn't show up, power off your PSP, keep the R trigger pressed and power it on again. A recovery menu should appear. Go to Configuration, and look for the voice "Use VshMenu". Change its parameter to "VSHMENU", then go back and reboot the PSP. Now the menu should appear. Try changing the drivers, it may work. If it doesn't, just pray that someone smarter than us comes up with a solution).

Thanks AnalogMan for steps 14-17.

EDIT: Nevermind. I am stoopid and it appears I can't read properly. Forget it.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Most 5.55/6.00 encrypted games don't work @ PSP 3000 (5.03), Absynthe. Your three examples only work @ 5.50GEN-B.

Absynthe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep, it appears I can't read. Sorry for that, my bad.

and anyway, I'm playin Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, KH random days, Picross 3D and Mario & Luigi: BIS. They are very good and addicting.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Prinny Can I Really be the Hero?
Ys 7
Fate/Unlimited Codes

That's pretty much what I can get to fit in 4Gb memory card.

Come on, Jak and Daxter! I've been waiting way too long!

*Go to beat all of the earlier J&D games*

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kamiyama said:
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Prinny Can I Really be the Hero?
Ys 7
Fate/Unlimited Codes

That's pretty much what I can get to fit in 4Gb memory card.

Come on, Jak and Daxter! I've been waiting way too long!

*Go to beat all of the earlier J&D games*

Me too, loved Daxter for PSP. I expect this one will be as good as Daxter at least
smile.gif

fkw12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Absynthe said:
Yep, it appears I can't read. Sorry for that, my bad.

and anyway, I'm playin Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, KH random days, Picross 3D and Mario & Luigi: BIS. They are very good and addicting.

thank you for your LONG post xD but yeah, been there tried that
kinda surprised picross came up 2ice now. Must be pretty good huh

KH 'random days' xD
I just cant get into it eh. Being @ age 23 some games just dont offer those fun and engaging moments like they used to

RAIKA- I know what you mean by 'not worth' playing. Same here and was gutted pretty much when those latest games weren't available for us 3K users

Still playing SCP but will try Picross for sure.

EDIT- Kamiyama;

Dissidia Final Fantasy- got boring after 3 days. Intense 3 days it had been though. Not willing to play again.
Prinny Can I Really be the Hero?- nothing pissed me off more than ghosts and goblins until i tried this game xD but tried already
Ys 7- cant run, nor was i ever a fan of the series.
Fate/Unlimited Codes- got SCP for a good vs game. The controls for this game seems awkward too.

I too also have a 4gb card
yaypsp.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently I don't have many games to play. I'm playing:
KH 358/2 Days
Mario & Luigi BIS
that's it...
And occasionally HG/SS, I'm waiting for a finalized patch before playing it 24/7/12/365

fkw12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Raika said:
Currently I don't have many games to play. I'm playing:
KH 358/2 Days
Mario & Luigi BIS
that's it...
And occasionally HG/SS, I'm waiting for a finalized patch before playing it 24/7/12/365

BIS works? Last time I checked it never worked on an R4 or a DSTT so I gave up xD
So many people are playing KH random days..wow.

Pokemon I believe is only fun when there are other people to play it with. And no one I know plays it xD
Tried Platinum some time ago and stopped playing for good after getting the bike. xD

Gosh though, there really aint anything to play on the PSP. The most fun I ever had with it was when I played Tekken DR with my brother (played almost 1000 vs matches).

Monster Hunter which a lot of people like, didnt seem that great to me to be honest and I never got past the Wyvern who was made of piles of rocks xD never picked it up again after deleting the savefile

Dissidia was indeed a very good game but I am over it now. I'd shoot myself b4 picking it up to play again.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BoxShot said:
I think dstt v1.17a07 fixes BIS. I'm playing dissidia and digesea 2 (sp?) Lol on the ds all I'm playing is KH.

Yes, it fixes BIS, even @ YSMenu.

fkw12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
BoxShot said:
I think dstt v1.17a07 fixes BIS. I'm playing dissidia and digesea 2 (sp?) Lol on the ds all I'm playing is KH.

More KH xD
good for you. At least you find it fun.

BIS- I don't really want to get my hands on it anymore. I wasnt even waiting for it anyhoo.
Dissidia- do you not find it repetitive after beating Chaos? I sure did.
Disgaea 2- you lucky penguin.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I play dissidia once in a while. Yes I'm a lucky penguin with a psp 1000.
smile.gif
ATM only KH interests me since I'm too lazy to get BIS or Scribblenauts. I am currently waiting for Nostalgia to come out.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i gave up on platium as in i never layed a finger on it :\
after i cheated through perl cos i cbf after like 1 year of inactivity on it

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried Jeanne 'D Arc and got bored of it after a while. And does anyone thing that SoulCalibur is a bit overrated? I watched some videos and found that Tekken was better.

fkw12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Strider said:
Play Jeanne 'd Arc. It's one of the greatest games on PSP.

Yeah too bad I already finished the game quite some time ago xD thanks anyways.

Pokemon has this thing I think where if there are a lot of people in one room it becomes very interesting
but if you have no one to play it with, it is just another kiddish RPG (no offense but I think I am too old for pikachu and the gang)

Never cheated in a game but I do leave it to rot for a while and eventually never play it ever again. How sad.

EDIT
QUOTE(Raika @ Oct 3 2009, 11:40 PM) I tried Jeanne 'D Arc and got bored of it after a while. And does anyone thing that SoulCalibur is a bit overrated? I watched some videos and found that Tekken was better.

they are 2 different games and it really depends I think.
For instance, I had a guest over today who likes playing SC so I played ad hoc with him.
We played 24 matches and they were very intense and fun.

As for tekken, I play vs my brother on a regular basis so I think that is good too.

if you feel like guard impacting and slashing play SC
if you feel like wall comboing kuma, play tekken.
They are both very engaging games, but not so good when it comes to single player.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2