Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
PSP Firmware Update 6.31
Apparently Patches HBL 6.30 WIP Port
pspfirmware.png

Much like its almost barren PS3 firmware 3.41 counterpart, PSP firmware 6.31 is now live, but don’t expect much. The latest update for Sony’s handheld doesn’t deliver any new features, but rather provides the typical “system software stability during use of some PSP format software titles has been improved” update which typically is made available when Sony wants to build barriers against homebrew developers and hackers, which we’ve come to understand nearly five and a half versions later.[/p]

Changelog said:
The official change-list in the installer reads as follows:
  • Games can now be grouped and displayed in folders based on format under [Game]
icon11.gif
Source

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSP-3000, and from what I've gathered, there's no permanent CFW solution on the platform, correct? Only a temporary HEN thing that gets removed once the unit is powered down?

Should I just go ahead and update anyway? If I can't have CFW, I'd like to have my official FW up to date, been buyin' all my PSP games for a while. All I would really need CFW for is classic emulation... hmm...

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
[M said:
artin]
I have a PSP-3000, and from what I've gathered, there's no permanent CFW solution on the platform, correct? Only a temporary HEN thing that gets removed once the unit is powered down?

Should I just go ahead and update anyway? If I can't have CFW, I'd like to have my official FW up to date, been buyin' all my PSP games for a while. All I would really need CFW for is classic emulation... hmm...
There is no permanent/flashable Custom Firmware for any PSP-3000's yet. ChickHEN is the exploit that lets you load on the temporary firmware, which would be 5.03 GEN-C.
If you buy your games and play them legitly then you may aswell update to the latest official firmware, 6.31. You can use a few of the emulators with the Half-Byte Loader though, which was in the works of being ported to 6.30, although apparently it does not work on the new 6.31 firmware according to PSPSlimHacks.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
How did they figure out which game(s) to patch, I thought the game names were kept secret to prevent exactly that?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
luke_c said:
You can use a few of the emulators with the Half-Byte Loader though, which was in the works of being ported to 6.30, although apparently it does not work on the new 6.31 firmware according to PSPSlimHacks.

Update: PSP Firmware 6.31 has been released, looks like it patches no it doesn’t patch Half Byte Loader for 6.30. Which is being ported…Half Byte Loader being ported to OFW 6.30

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
the problem with my friends PSP was tht he updated it to 5.5... and we live in tanzania where the availability of resources is not so much hence no pandoras
but definitely, PSP updates are more proofed than nintendo/wii updates eg 4.3 or 1.4 (for DSi - was it 1.4?)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
shakirmoledina said:
the problem with my friends PSP was tht he updated it to 5.5... and we live in tanzania where the availability of resources is not so much hence no pandoras
but definitely, PSP updates are more proofed than nintendo/wii updates eg 4.3 or 1.4 (for DSi - was it 1.4?)
Pandoras just won't work on PSPs which can't have a permanent firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Blurp.