PSP Firmware Update 6.31

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Jul 29, 2010.

Jul 29, 2010

PSP Firmware Update 6.31 by luke_c at 5:22 PM (10,759 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    PSP Firmware Update 6.31
    Apparently Patches HBL 6.30 WIP Port
    [​IMG]

Much like its almost barren PS3 firmware 3.41 counterpart, PSP firmware 6.31 is now live, but don’t expect much. The latest update for Sony’s handheld doesn’t deliver any new features, but rather provides the typical “system software stability during use of some PSP format software titles has been improved” update which typically is made available when Sony wants to build barriers against homebrew developers and hackers, which we’ve come to understand nearly five and a half versions later.[/p]

[​IMG] Source

2. MAIcrosoft

Newcomer MAIcrosoft Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Ahh.. I miss those good ol kxploit times [​IMG]

3. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    I have a PSP-3000, and from what I've gathered, there's no permanent CFW solution on the platform, correct? Only a temporary HEN thing that gets removed once the unit is powered down?

Should I just go ahead and update anyway? If I can't have CFW, I'd like to have my official FW up to date, been buyin' all my PSP games for a while. All I would really need CFW for is classic emulation... hmm...

4. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    There is no permanent/flashable Custom Firmware for any PSP-3000's yet. ChickHEN is the exploit that lets you load on the temporary firmware, which would be 5.03 GEN-C.
    If you buy your games and play them legitly then you may aswell update to the latest official firmware, 6.31. You can use a few of the emulators with the Half-Byte Loader though, which was in the works of being ported to 6.30, although apparently it does not work on the new 6.31 firmware according to PSPSlimHacks.

5. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

How did they figure out which game(s) to patch, I thought the game names were kept secret to prevent exactly that?

6. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    Update: PSP Firmware 6.31 has been released, looks like it patches no it doesn’t patch Half Byte Loader for 6.30. Which is being ported…Half Byte Loader being ported to OFW 6.30

7. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    the problem with my friends PSP was tht he updated it to 5.5... and we live in tanzania where the availability of resources is not so much hence no pandoras
    but definitely, PSP updates are more proofed than nintendo/wii updates eg 4.3 or 1.4 (for DSi - was it 1.4?)

8. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Pandoras just won't work on PSPs which can't have a permanent firmware.