Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Up until now, all of the 2000 (with TA-88 V2 or V3 Motherboards), 3000, and Go PSP models have been lacking Homebrew if they had any Firmware past 5.03.

But now, a new Homebrew Enabler titled "6.20 TN" will make it possible to... well, run Homebrew on ANY PSP model.

Firmware 6.20 has been an obstacle for the PSP scene for a while now. This is a breakthrough -- the last Homebrew Enabler, ChickHEN, working alongside CFWEnabler and later 5.03 GEN-C, allowed a Custom Firmware to grace the previously unhackable PSP Models.

In otherwords, PSP 3000 and PSP Go + Custom Firmware = WIN. Coming soon.

Source.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if this is so

then daaamn, getting a new PSP
smile.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dude, its not 6.20 HN, its 6.20 TN (HEN), I've been following this news for months so I'm positive that it's TN and not HN.

TN = Total_Noob, the guy behind all this great work.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HEN
=Homebrew ENabler

A separate loader would have to be made(like 5.03 GEN)

also:this news post is fail much?Old news plus its TN,not HN
dry.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So is this strictly just homebrew enabling or does it also make it possible to run ISO backups?
I'm just curious is all because people often favour loading ISOs from memory instead of UMDs for saving battery and loading times.

Kaero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah. Plus, the PSP GO's screen is way too small for my taste for games.
But still, I hope this HEN will get an ISO loader too. That would be total awesomeness.
I do buy my games, I usually just download ISOs for speed boosts.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
ah great... no need to start chipping away the battery and get cut in multiple parts of the thumb
it was kinda messy esp since u needed XP to inject and all tht (i tried on win 7 with no hope)
maybe this will also avoid the manual or extra patches required for some games like Forgotten Sands and Metal Gear

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I don't personally need this, I'm running 5.00 M33-6. But I have a friend with a 3000 who will be very excited to hear this.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Schlupi said:
This is wrong.
Like I've said before, nobody on the PSP scene can even make custom firmware without stealing from M33 and since 6.xx is a whole new kernel (etc, etc.) you better hope and write to Santa that there will be CFW.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Schlupi said:
This is wrong.
Like I've said before, nobody on the PSP scene can even make custom firmware without stealing from M33 and since 6.xx is a whole new kernel (etc, etc.) you better hope and write to Santa that there will be CFW.

Well, GEN's team has stolen form M33 before while making a CFW. It's not like it can't happen again
dry.gif

And yeah, sorry guys, I was tired as shit when I made that post so I'll edit it to TN.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Schlupi said:
Well, GEN's team has stolen form M33 before while making a CFW. It's not like it can't happen again
dry.gif
That's what I was referring to.
GEN is a joke, they can't do anything.

Come on now. That is not true -- they have done quite a bit on the scene already despite the bad rep and controversy with stealing Dark-Alex's work at one point (Miriam is gone from the team for years now, has not happened again).

5.50 GEN was (at first) a pretty shitty Firmware. but by the later revisions it was pivotal because it was the first solid solution to play the newer games at the time.

I remember waiting SIX MONTHS to play Disgaea 2 because no other fix came along...

Also, they made 5.03 GEN. A very useful thing.

Give GEN SOME credit... I agree with you on this a little though, Dark-Alex was a PSP God and that he was superior to them in every way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: can troll SylverReZ the following day :)