1. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

United States
    CSO is just a compressed version of a iso file that takes up less space so it is fine for the most part. There are exceptions though like the god of war series on psp having stuttering issues when using a cso vs a iso.

2. Ganoncrotch

Ganoncrotch GBAtemp Regular

Very true there are ways to enjoy PSP games a lot more, but I just have the TV out cable hanging from the side of my own screen if I get lazy and want to enjoy something fast like a few stages of Every Extend on the big screen, obviously your laptop setup would give you the same controls but far nicer visuals, but there are still a few extra steps to it than wire into the PSPgo and you're away, just from a "lazy bastard" point of view!

If you haven't used it btw the PSP-Go on a HD Tv also adds a rather large border around PSP software which you need to overscan on my TV to actually force it to fill out the screen... and it does indeed scream low resolution at you, but again 9 times out of 10 I go for the easy option for just a quick fix! Hopefully if the PSTV allows psp games to be dumped to it soon I can make use of that instead to at least cut out the border and play them from a machine capable of 720p.

3. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

India
    CSO are just compressed ISOs. If they run smooth then you can leave them as it is, otherwise decompress to ISO.
    And yes these will most likely be the formats supported with adrenaline

4. Myshkin

Myshkin Member
    Newcomer

i just hope someone releases an ultimate edition of wipeout pure (with all-region DLC) in time for this. upscaled to native OLED resolution on the vita, this would be awesome

replicashooter likes this.
  5. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    Oh c,mon hurry up im dying to play...
    manhunt 2 uncut
    pilot academy &
    tony hawks project 8 on my Vita !!

6. replicashooter

replicashooter GBAtemp Maniac

Yes, indeed it would. Some would go so far as to say it would become the best game on the Vita once the upscaling and effects kick in.

7. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Heads up, uncut version of manhunt 2 might be better to play on a ps2 than the psp version.

Last edited by cvskid, Oct 26, 2016
    SuperDan likes this.
  8. SuperDan

United States
    maybe.... i have it WII & my phone & Pc lol i just have always wanted on my VITA

cvskid likes this.
  9. ObeSeeker

ObeSeeker Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I cant wait to use adhoc between my Vita and PSP with certain games! e.g White knight chronicles origins, sharing some mercenaries with good missions.

Ganoncrotch likes this.
  10. Ganoncrotch

Ganoncrotch GBAtemp Regular

Yeah there is a lot of nice Tony Hawk ports which came to the psp but never made it to the Vita PSN store thanks to music licensing issues. (at least not on the EU store)

SuperDan likes this.
  11. SuperDan

United States
    Ah well said ''
    ''music licensing issues'' i used to wonder why back in the day in london... no tony hawks on psn for Vita.... for what it's worth its not on the Usa psn either ... ( been living in usa 3 years now ) ..& i also noticed in london i could not buy
    Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins ... but i could in Usa...

Ganoncrotch likes this.
  12. Myshkin

Myshkin Member
    Newcomer

Goki Makaimura Kai! Oh yeah! What an utterly underated game! Those colours would look stunning upscaled on an OLED!

SuperDan likes this.
  13. SuperDan

United States
    Goki Makaimura Kai! is = Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins ...? lol i have lived in japan before ... & i could speak some also ... but i could never read it except my name lol !! but yeah Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins ...is a classic in my eyes ... loved Super Ghosts n' Goblins ... On SNES !!!

14. Myshkin

Myshkin Member
    Newcomer

i think what happened is that the 'easy' PSP version with the multiple lives got released globally, including japan, but then the japanese complained about it being too easy. they wanted something more akin the snes classic (that you mentioned) in terms of difficulty. hence capcom released a 'remix' that was the same except with fewer lives and level restart instead of in-place respawn. this hardcore version had the 'kai' postfix. i hunted it down and bought it just because the game is so awesome. still have somewhere :-)

EDIT: I think Goku Makaimura is Ultimate Ghost and Goblins. Not sure what Kai means but it was the harder remixed version.

Last edited by Myshkin, Oct 27, 2016
    SuperDan likes this.
  15. SuperDan

United States
    im gunna try and find it !!!! Goku Makaimura Kai !! when the psp emulator comes out .. ( i thought it was hard enough in the 1st place )

16. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Iraq
    i think i read sowewhere that this would be ready by the end of this month.

looking forward to replaying some of the psp gems.

17. Myshkin

Myshkin Member
    Newcomer

yeah mate it's NES-hard.... I prefer the normal one, but Kai seemed cooler to own :-)

Last edited by Myshkin, Oct 28, 2016
    SuperDan likes this.
  18. SuperDan

United States
    Im Gunna Avvvv ITTT !!!!!!

19. nickerous

nickerous GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If I have Gamocracy One Legend of Robo7 am I good to go or do I need something else?

20. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    Last I checked that fell under "literally any PSP game/demo" so yeah, it'll work.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (NATIVELY), hacked, PSVITA