Hacking PSP EMU (NATIVELY) hacked on PSVITA.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how come some psp iso i tried on my ps3 looked so much more hd'ish than the one i tried on my vita (adrenaline).
i use the same iso btw. for both the ps3/psv(adrenaline).

game called Nayuta , it looked so HD when i loaded it on my ps3.
but on the vita (adrenaline) it looks like a DS game graphically.

hmm.

You're playing a game on a system that emulates psp enviroment. Of course psp games look like... PSP, is a 2005 system. You are using mods to play a mobile game illegitimate on ps3 which is hd up to 1080p, is basically upscales games much like ppsspp. So psvita (and pstv) natively scales and renders screen by original format (480X272) while emulators like ppsspp and ps3 can upscale them, rerender and even filter them in over 720p HD.

Hopefully soon a filter may be added to help visually improve things, or something, who knows, i always play my retro emulators with HQx4 filter for HD screen an i love it. specially on 16 bit systems. God bless kega fusion HD screen filters. :P

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
The Vita plays PSP games exactly as they were on the PSP.

yeah true, but i am wondering how the same iso looks HD on the ps3.
like as if the ps3's psp emulator has some sort of HD filtering.

anyway, VC3 is working flawlessly on adrenaline, so happy about it.

You're playing a game on a system that emulates psp enviroment. Of course psp games look like... PSP, is a 2005 system. You are using mods to play a mobile game illegitimate on ps3 which is hd up to 1080p, is basically upscales games much like ppsspp. So psvita (and pstv) natively scales and renders screen by original format (480X272) while emulators like ppsspp and ps3 can upscale them, rerender and even filter them in over 720p HD.

Hopefully soon a filter may be added to help visually improve things, or something, who knows, i always play my retro emulators with HQx4 filter for HD screen an i love it. specially on 16 bit systems. God bless kega fusion HD screen filters. :P

oh so thats why..

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

oh so thats why..
Well that least ho i understand it, perhaps someone knows better about resolution scaling and rendering between upscale from LD to HD and some other funk. As far as understanding goes, a emulator will most likely visually improve graphics over actual devices. :P

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Well that least ho i understand it, perhaps someone knows better about resolution scaling and rendering between upscale from LD to HD and some other funk. As far as understanding goes, a emulator will most likely visually improve graphics over actual devices. :P

i wish VC3 would work on my ps3, but it just wont.
i always got blackscreen whenever i tried it.
sadly ;-;

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
like as if the ps3's psp emulator has some sort of HD filtering..

PSP games look excellent on the PS3 due to the filtering system that it uses which is far better than the bilinear approach on the Vita. Hopefully we will see further filtering options added to Adrenaline at a later date as that would be the icing on a pretty awesome cake.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
PSP games look excellent on the PS3 due to the filtering system that it uses which is far better than the bilinear approach on the Vita. Hopefully we will see further filtering options added to Adrenaline at a later date as that would be the icing on a pretty awesome cake.

oh i see !!
hmm, do you know why the ps2 classics dont look hd rendered ?
is there a way to make them look HD'ish like the psp isos?

i tried a classic now, the only option is the smoothing and they still look the same as when played on the ps2.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
oh i see.. hmm well then i think i rather play the ps2 games on my ps2.
i hope that adrenaline will push some kind of upscaling pixels rendering for the psp isos.

it would be so nice to have it look abit close to as how it looks on the ps3, on ps3 psp isos look almost hd.
but then again i dislike playing ps2/psp on ps3, ps2 feels better for me on the ps2 itself.

and for psp , some of the games i want either blackscreen or they have some kind of bug/glitch during cinematics.
so i stick to the vita Adrenaline for psp.

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it better to exit the psp game you're playing to the home menu and then hold the playstation button to exit adrenaline? I was playing Burnout Legends and tried to exit straight from there and the vita froze.

Oh, and just realised that psn spoofing has stopped working. Bummer. For the people in the know (I'm hopeless at this sort of thing and eternally grateful to the guys that make all this possible) do you reckon with future updates of henkaku we'll be able to spoof again?

Last edited by RitchieRitchie,
D

Deleted User

taihen does spoof but doesnt do things right. i cant access psn for example (could launch WOFF but cant get past black screen)
henkaku does spoof right (PSN Access) but does not spoof right systemwise. (Cant launch WOFF without an error)

so both do sort of spoof .. but both dont work in special aspects ^^

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah okay, I had been using taiHen and it was spoofing fine (to play FIFA online) until this morning where it asked to update. I'll give henkaku a try. Thanks for the info!

Edit: No spoofing in either taihen or henkaku for me (was working yesterday). Anyone else have the same problem? I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

Last edited by RitchieRitchie,
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ah okay, I had been using taiHen and it was spoofing fine (to play FIFA online) until this morning where it asked to update. I'll give henkaku a try. Thanks for the info!

Edit: No spoofing in either taihen or henkaku for me (was working yesterday). Anyone else have the same problem? I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

Sony finally got around to blocking PSN access from 3.60/3.61 vitas yesterday.
https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/...nk_the_psn_spoof_will_actually_break/daamj5o/

Last edited by Count Duckula,

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
Sony finally got around to blocking PSN access from 3.60/3.61 vitas yesterday.
https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/...nk_the_psn_spoof_will_actually_break/daamj5o/

This is sort of idiotic really, considering the Black Friday sale is coming up I would have been considering buying some Vita software since I still fully support that aspect of the Vita but to block access to the store means I will just go and download rips of the Vita titles instead, I'm not sure I understand the logic behind this, I guess if it blocks online play with people who are using copied games then at least they're halting people from getting the most fun for free... that said I can't imagine the injection of new life and interest in Vita online games would have been a bad thing for legitimate users considering how dead many Vita titles were online.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Vita_Screen.png

Anyone know if it's possible to load the VHBL PBOOT.PBP installation from the Adrenaline XMB?

If only Wipeout Pulse/Pure worked on the PS3 then I'd be exceedingly happy with that and wouldn't need a PSTV.

Why aren't you just playing Wipeout HD Fury?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if it's possible to load the VHBL PBOOT.PBP installation from the Adrenaline XMB?
Erm...why would you even want to? You're already in PSP mode, VHBL is just PSP mode homebrew. You could run whatever homebrew you want to run in VHBL from the XMB.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Erm...why would you even want to? You're already in PSP mode, VHBL is just PSP mode homebrew. You could run whatever homebrew you want to run in VHBL from the XMB.

I'd like to be able to access the homebrews in PSP/VHBL as I can do without taiHENkaku running and the game2vhbl plugin is annoying because it disables ISO loading.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

oh so thats why..
You can get rid of the annoying filtering by hitting the power button twice while in the psp game quit screen. This will make it not blurry, but the pixels will be more noticeable.

Oh, and make sure you have the filtering set to official in the adrenaline menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol