moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello,

Is it possible to downgrade a PSP Phat running 3.11 firmware with a copy of LCS (don't know where to find out whether it's patched or not)?

I am considering getting a jig kick (?) battery and memory stick, would these be available on Ebay, or from another source? I still find the downgrading of a PSP to be more than a little daunting, so I would appreciate some guidance.

Should i go the jigkick + memory stick route rather than using lumines or lcs (I don't know howt he exploits work)? I'll consider buying it off ebay, but I don't want to scammed and then not be able to get a refund if I scammed because I was buying something that leads to circumventing the PSP protection.

Would welcome some clarity on this matter. AlsO I don't want to cut anything with regards to modifying a battery etc.

Thanks in advance, I'll read some more threads in this forum too.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Definitely go with a Pandora Battery. You can actually make one yourself. Just get a cheap used Sony battery and hardmod it[you have to cut a small pin]. It's not that hard at all, even I could do it without any problems. That way, even if you brick your PSP somehow, you can always unbrick it using the battery. If you don't want to go through the trouble, you can always get a Datel TOOL Battery [I don't know if you can find a UK retailer though]

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Is it possible to downgrade a PSP Phat running 3.11 firmware with a copy of LCS (don't know where to find out whether it's patched or not)?

I am considering getting a jig kick (?) battery and memory stick, would these be available on Ebay, or from another source? I still find the downgrading of a PSP to be more than a little daunting, so I would appreciate some guidance.

Should i go the jigkick + memory stick route rather than using lumines or lcs (I don't know howt he exploits work)? I'll consider buying it off ebay, but I don't want to scammed and then not be able to get a refund if I scammed because I was buying something that leads to circumventing the PSP protection.

Would welcome some clarity on this matter. AlsO I don't want to cut anything with regards to modifying a battery etc.

Thanks in advance, I'll read some more threads in this forum too.

You need a phat with a fw of 3.03 or less to do the LCS downgrade, I'm sorry.
Go with the pandora battery, its a lot easier...
If not, try the lumines downgrade trick, it works for all phats under 3.51 .

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure about the datel solution, and I don't think they have a UK distributor. I checked Ebay and found that they are charging between £20 and £35 for the battery and the memory stick. It's not my PSP and I aint paying for it, but if this is the easiest way to get it done should I just get the pandora solution and be done with it?

Also is there a guide on how to downgrade once you have the pandora battery and memory stick? I won't have any clue on what to do, I did some googling, limited, and I didn't find guides just news articles that report that it's possible to downgrade with a battery and the like

cheers

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure about the datel solution, and I don't think they have a UK distributor. I checked Ebay and found that they are charging between £20 and £35 for the battery and the memory stick. It's not my PSP and I aint paying for it, but if this is the easiest way to get it done should I just get the pandora solution and be done with it?

Also is there a guide on how to downgrade once you have the pandora battery and memory stick? I won't have any clue on what to do, I did some googling, limited, and I didn't find guides just news articles that report that it's possible to downgrade with a battery and the like

cheers

Here are 2 guides that singlehandedly brought me from a bricked PSP to 3.71 m33-4
Note : you will need 2 PSP's

http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks-homebr...ery-118799.html
^^ Pandora battery

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/569454
^^ After Pandora battery

BTW, the first guide also tells you how to make your own so try and find someone with a CFW PSP and borrow it for a little bit.
That way you'll save loads on having to buy a magic memstick and battery.

Note : you will need 2 PSP's if you plan on doing it by yourself.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't do the two psps required method as I don't know anyone else with a PSP (they don't do handhelds only consoles), so that's not an option for me.

I've been authorised to purchase the the pandora battery and mem stick from ebay, which is fine. I'll do that I guess. Is there anything else I need to be made aware of? What if I need to revert to the original PSP firmware of 3.11 in case the PSP faults or something, is that possible, or is the 3.11 firmware removed for good?

Cheers

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
once I downgrade to 1.5 firmware on the PSP what's the process of installing the 3.71 M33 CFW? Do I still need the jig kick and memory stick or can i replace it with the original battery and a normal memory stick with a game on it? Also can i still play original UMD games with the custom firmware?

cheers

D

Deleted User

You first need to install the 3.52 M33 firmware + updates and after that you can install 3.71 M33 firmware + updates IIRC. There was a thread covering all necessary steps on maxconsole but I can't find it right now. After downgrading you need to use a normal memory stick. Jig-Kick = Pandora? If so, you won't need it anymore.

Don't worry, you're still able to play original UMDs.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
once I downgrade to 1.5 firmware on the PSP what's the process of installing the 3.71 M33 CFW? Do I still need the jig kick and memory stick or can i replace it with the original battery and a normal memory stick with a game on it? Also can i still play original UMD games with the custom firmware?

cheers

I already gave you a link

QUOTEhttp://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/569454
^^ After Pandora battery

You can just leave the battery alone if it was a tool battery since there is no way of making it normal again. Just replace it with the original battery or else it will continually load up in service mode and you won't be able to play games.
The memorystick can be formatted to be normal again.
Concerning games, yes. You can play original UMD's with the CFW but some ISO's need a UMD in the PSP to play.
Don't worry too much about it, the only modification is adding a recovery mode in case it ever gets bricked in the future and the ability to play ISO games.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you get a jigkick and magic memory stick, you won't have to downgrade to 1.50. Just use Dark_Alex's Despertar del Cementerio v3 and you can go straight to 3.71M33-2, then it's just a simple update to 3.71M33-4. Also, you can use a service mode battery as a normal battery as well. All you need to do is use Boosters multi_ipl with sleep mode fix. Then the battery will work as normal and you launch service mode by holding the left trigger while booting the PSP.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You first need to install the 3.52 M33 firmware + updates and after that you can install 3.71 M33 firmware + updates IIRC. There was a thread covering all necessary steps on maxconsole but I can't find it right now. After downgrading you need to use a normal memory stick. Jig-Kick = Pandora? If so, you won't need it anymore.

Don't worry, you're still able to play original UMDs.

Is this really true? I can't update to 3.71 straight away? I've also been reading that many are sticking with 3.52 over the latest release, can someone explain why this is?

thanks again

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you even read my post? You can go straight to 3.71M33-2 using a pandora battery, magic memory stick and Despertar del Cementerio v3.

As for people sticking with 3.52, I have no idea. There is no reason to. M33 = Dark_Alex.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you even read my post? You can go straight to 3.71M33-2 using a pandora battery, magic memory stick and Despertar del Cementerio v3.

As for people sticking with 3.52, I have no idea. There is no reason to. M33 = Dark_Alex.

Yeh I read your post but I only understood it when you replied again
tongue.gif

I will be getting a battery and a memory card both set up to downgrade to 1.50, so I don't think I will be able to benefit from using the Despertar del Cementerio v3 item. In such a case it's install 3.52 then 3.71 right?

I don't wanna screw up the downgrade/upgrade as I will only have the battery and memory stick for a limited as someone kind enough will be loaning me the items needed, so I am being as cautious and clear as possible.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no benefit, nor need to downgrade to 1.50. If you are getting a battery and mem stick, just use it to load Despertar del Cementerio v3 and go straight to 3.71M33-2. Then it's a simple update to 3.71M33-4. It's silly and useless to downgrade to 1.50 and then up to 3.52M33 when the end result of getting to 3.71M33 can be achieved easily, with a few button presses by using Dark_Alex's awesome Despertar del Cementerio v3.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok, so say I go with your Despertar del Cementerio v3 route to mod the PSP, are there any special instructions/idiot proof guide that will guide me through it? I've checked the readme but it leaves me a bit confused:
QUOTE said:
Remove ms, usb and connect again usb and ms.
Make PSP and PSP/GAME dirs.

- Copy despertar_cementerio to PSP/GAME/

- Download 1.50, 3.40 and 3.71 update eboots and copy them to ms root with
150.PBP, 340.PBP and 371.PBP names.

- Use the app under a cfw with 2.x or 3.x kernel (be sure that kernel is
selected on recovery to the correct one (2.x or 3.x))

- Once finished, u will have msipl.bin on root. If you already have a pandora
ms, you don't have to do this step (ipl doesn't changes lol), otherwise,
use c+d msinst to install ipl on ms; or use dd command from unix, or any
hex-edit program to write on sector 16 on the physical drive.

- Now you can delete 340 and 150 PBP's, as they won't be used more; but 371.PBP
will be used for unbricker, so don't delete it.

- Now you have an universal pandora ms ready to go, and you just need a proper
battery. If you have 1.50 kernel access, use c+d tool. Otherwise, use corly149 tool.
Also Do I need the 1.50 add on for PSP Fat? I don't know what it is or what it does but reading the guide here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/569454 they mention in the thread the installation of 1.50 Add On.

Thanks for your patience

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You only need it if you want to run homebrew that only runs under the 1.5 kernel. Many homebrew have already been converted to the 3.xx kernel though. I have a slim, and cant use the 1.5 kernel, but I really dont feel im missing out on anything (mostly all emulators run on the slim)

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok cool, well the psp is not mine so the person using it will not be too interested in any homebrew I don't think, and just wants it for backups

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sorry to bump but I just got a few niggles that need answering, and it would save space to not start a new topic.

If I have brand new memory stick that is formatted and works in saving games with a PSP with OFW, what do I need to do to make it CFW compatible? In other words, I have a back iso of a certain game, do I just put the game in the root of the memory stick? Is there a required folder/file structure that needs to be followed in order to have isos, video and music running?

Finally if I have a pandora battery and memory stick with Despertar del Cementario v3 on the memory stick, is it a case of sticking in the memroy stick first, then putting in the pandora battery and then following on screen instructions on the PSP?

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi