PSP custom theme problem

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jchen, Oct 21, 2007.

Oct 21, 2007

PSP custom theme problem by jchen at 4:22 AM (1,244 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. jchen
    OP

Member jchen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So i had somebody put cfw on my slim, but it came with another theme besides the original, i try going into the theme folder but theres nothing there and i dont know how to delete it and its annoying me any help?

2. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    In the settings menu, there's a Theme option. If it's set to Cookies, change it to Original. 3.71 comes with Cookies, which doesn't appear in the themes folder.

If it's not that, check if you have a cxmb folder on your memory stick. If so, then the somebody that installed CFW also installed cxmb. You can disable it in the M33 recovery menu.

If it's not that either, then he/she may have installed the custom theme in the psp's flash. At that point I wouldn't know how to revert it if you don't have the original files to replace the custom ones.

3. jchen
    OP

United States
    So is the theme cookies pernament with 3.71 cause thats what i have..

4. Samutz

United States
    Permanent as in it will always be an option, yes.
    But not permanent as in you can't change it. You should still be able to use the Original theme, or use other themes done in Sony official theme format, or use a cmxb theme.

You might be able to remove it as an option by removing it from the flash, not sure about that though.

5. jchen
    OP

United States
    So thats why i couldnt delete no matter what, thanks for the help

6. jchen
    OP

United States
    Dont want to create another topic so: Where should i put the psx games game, game 150 or game 371?

7. Samutz

United States
    I put everything in the Game folder, PSX games included. Haven't had to put anything in the other game folders yet.

8. jchen
    OP

United States
    More Questions: Whenever i set an image as the wallpaper, the next time i turn on the psp the wallpaper is not there no more, why does it do that?

How do i switch discs for multidisc games, is CWCHEAT necessary? Is there a way to play ps1 games in full screen without having some parts cut off?

9. Samutz

United States
    Wallpaper:
    Not sure. I haven't had that problem. Maybe check if its being saved in flash1 correctly. It should be stored there as wallpaper.bmp iirc.

Multi-disc:
    From what I remember most multi-disc PS1 games let you save right at the end of the disc. So you can just boot next disc and load a save from the end of the previous disc.
    If the game doesn't let you save at the end of a disc, then I'm not sure what you could do. I can't remember ever playing a PS1 game that was like that.

Cwcheat:
    I don't think cwcheat has anything to do with switching discs. It had something to do with fixing saves I think. But afaik you don't have to worry about that if you keep each disc ID the same when converting a PS1 iso into an eboot.

Screen:
    Popsloader has 4 screen options:
    Original - For the original PS1 resolution and aspect ratio.
    Normal - Aspect ratio stays the same, but the screen is zoomed in for a "best to fit" effect. This is what I use.
    Zoom - Same aspect ratio again, but screen is zoomed in even more to make the width the same as the PSPs. This cuts off the top and bottom of the screen though.
    Full Screen - Fills the whole screen but changes the aspect ratio to do so. It stretches everything on the screen. It's just the same as if you tried playing a NES or SNES game on the PSP or a Widescreen TV/Monitor.

The PS1 and PS1 games didn't support widescreen, so there's no way of getting a true widescreen effect like current games do.

10. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    There are patches for multi-disc switching. There is at least one I know of for Chrono Cross.

11. jchen
    OP

United States
    Where am i supposed to put the image? i put it in the picture folder.

12. Samutz

United States
    To set the wallpaper the normal way:
    Open the picture in the PSP, then press Triangle to pull up a menu. Go left once to select the Set as Wallpaper option.

To do it manually in flash:
    Use the recovery menu to enable usb to flash0. Open the f0:/vsh/theme/ folder, and put a bmp named wallpaper.bmp there.
    Then reboot the PSP back to the XMB. In the Settings > Theme menu, set Wallpaper to "Wallpaper" (the other 2 options are Original and Cookies).
    NOTE: I don't use a wallpaper myself, so I haven't tried this myself. But in theory, it should work as long as the bmp you use is the correct dimensions and isn't corrupt and such.

13. jchen
    OP

United States
    There's no theme folder, should i create one?
    Im on 3.71 m33-2 if that matters.

14. jchen
    OP

United States
    Finally found how to fix it, had to format flash 1 without a umd in the drive.