OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at the PSP battery service tool and read that article. Based on my understanding you can convert your battery and run the PSP into service mode and run software on it. So in service mode I can flash the psp to custom firmware if the custom firmware is on my memory stick?

http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/PSP-Bat...__EF000530.aspx
Thats what im looking at.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi I'm looking at getting either a Pandora battery or this Tool kit, I was just wondering as I can get this for under £10 and want to know if people have had a good experience with it, I don't want "get the pandora" as a reply I'd like feedback on this product and whether it works just like it says.

Cheers

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was in this situation yesterday and I figured I might as well get the battery service tool as 1) it is cheaper than the pandora battery (by about £5) and 2) you only need one battery (this lets you turn your official battery into service mode and back to normal mode).

They seem to do the same thing really... but what is the point in having 2 batteries when you only need one to do it all?

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ackers said:
I was in this situation yesterday and I figured I might as well get the battery service tool as 1) it is cheaper than the pandora battery (by about £5) and 2) you only need one battery (this lets you turn your official battery into service mode and back to normal mode).

They seem to do the same thing really... but what is the point in having 2 batteries when you only need one to do it all?

Cheers Ackers after watching the video it looks simple enough, that sorts out buying that now just to get the Memory Stick

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty cool. I got the Tool Battery. However, I think carrying a Battery and a Stick would take up less space than that since I only bring the Tool and MMS when I mod. For the OP, use DC 7 for making the Magic Memory Stick.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If you have a second PSP or a friend with a PSP with CFW on it, then you don't need the Datel TOOL. If however you're the only one who has a PSP, or everybody else only uses OFW and carries around a pile of UMDs, then get the TOOL (or alternative commercial Pandora). It works just fine for flashing the PSP, and I know a lot of people who have no problems with it (they just hate the customer service from certain websites).

For me, I have a PSP Phat and PSP Slim. When my PSP Phat bricked, I used my Slim to convert the Phat battery into a Pandora, flash 4.01 M33-2 on it, and revert the battery to normal, all in about 20 minutes (including the time taken to read the Despartar Del Cementario walkthrough and download all the little files that DdC uses). It was easy and painless, but that's just because I had it all at hand. If you only have access to one PSP, just get the TOOL.
biggrin.gif

Friendo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
About 6 months back, I used that and Total Newbie Easy Installer to hack my PSP Phat. Works perfect.
yaypsp.gif
They ship fast. I recommend it, but if you can find something cheaper like listed above, go for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM