OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi team
Quick question for a million dollars and likes as well xP
Can be possible emulate those console via News or future SNES app emulator on switch?
Now is possible directly in nes and SNES classic... And as we know the emulation is exactly the same
Regards

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What team are you referring to?
Are you asking if it's possible to emulate PSP or PS1 on the Switch? Not sure what you mean about SNES.
Yeah it's somewhat possible to emulate them on the NES and SNES classic with lots of lag and issues, but it's not even close to being exactly the same
It's actually completely different. The OS is different, and the way the code needs to be written is totally different as well. Hope this answers some of your questions.

Holypsx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi
I mean team , to call all the people here.
SNES and news classic consoles can be run emulator. Like .ps1 and PSP. As i. can see .In YouTube.
Yesterday the app. Released by ninitendo is exactly the same of the system of method to emulate games. In those old. Consoles. Just gave a bet. On this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes ps1 is great via retroNX but... Is necessary more improvements and @m4xw is doing a great job I know. XD

Switchtime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I think he's trying to say if it's possible to emulate PSP and PS1 games with the original Nintendo emulator that was released yesterday, because this emulator is probably based on the emulator of the NES / SNES Mini consoles and on which at least PS1 games can be emulated.

Reactions: NoNAND and Holypsx

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
And to be quite frank. Just saying "just go with the different one that works" is making it very easy on the person asking the question.

- Identify if a project is still active.
- Identify if a project has inherent flaws that will make it not supported even within the community (like using pirated Nintendo assets and look at feel).
- Make sure to know what an emulator is and does. (F.e. read the first posting.)
- Make sure to identify the real stumbling blocks.

(Switch using ARM64 hardware, cant run all of the libraries written for ARM32 (Snes Classic, your average Android Smartphone, ...), thats why people are waiting for other projects to write new libraries. Which takes much more time and knowledge that "just" porting a project. Meaning far fewer people can even attempt to do it.

Also -using a stolen Nintendo frontend for their homebrew projects? Strikes me as a bad idea as well, because not many homebrew devs will be into that. But according to mass user feedback, its still, a wonderfull, great and amazing (and currently dead) idea/project.)

Last edited by notimp,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi team
Quick question for a million dollars and likes as well xP
Can be possible emulate those console via News or future SNES app emulator on switch?
Now is possible directly in nes and SNES classic... And as we know the emulation is exactly the same
Regards
That's not how it works.
On the NES/SNES classic, you patch the kernel so that it will load custom code, which then allows you to add more emulators and games.
On the Switch the equivalent would be to install a homebrew emulator .nca or launch emulators through hbmenu (which you can already do)
The emulator itself may be based on the same code, but it's not the emulator you hack on the NES/SNES Classic; it's the system itself. And the Switch is a completely different system, NES/SNES Classic IIRC is Linux based which makes doing this kind of thing much easier.
So basically what you're asking for is just using the NES emulator frontend to launch other installed emulators from the same interface. Which would probably be possible, and it looks nice enough and all, but it'd probably be just as easy to write a nice RetroArch frontend from scratch with far more features.

Reactions: Holypsx

Holypsx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the awnsers till now. And for some people... This is just an idea nothing more, we no need "fight" or have bad feelings. Iam not a dev, just enthusiastic.
I've my hacked switch and possible homebrew till now, because we have great devs, so please continue this great job to give us more and more features. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi