Question PSP and ps1 emulators via News/SNES internal switch emulator

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Holypsx, Sep 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holypsx
    OP

Holypsx Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Portugal
    Hi team
    Quick question for a million dollars and likes as well xP
    Can be possible emulate those console via News or future SNES app emulator on switch?
    Now is possible directly in nes and SNES classic... And as we know the emulation is exactly the same
    Regards

2. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    What team are you referring to?
    Are you asking if it's possible to emulate PSP or PS1 on the Switch? Not sure what you mean about SNES.
    Yeah it's somewhat possible to emulate them on the NES and SNES classic with lots of lag and issues, but it's not even close to being exactly the same
    It's actually completely different. The OS is different, and the way the code needs to be written is totally different as well. Hope this answers some of your questions.

3. CatmanFan

CatmanFan I actually prefer being an artist more now.

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    PS1 is already available on Switch via PCSX-ReARMed....

Vorde likes this.
  4. Holypsx
    OP

Holypsx Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Portugal
    Hi
    I mean team , to call all the people here.
    SNES and news classic consoles can be run emulator. Like .ps1 and PSP. As i. can see .In YouTube.
    Yesterday the app. Released by ninitendo is exactly the same of the system of method to emulate games. In those old. Consoles. Just gave a bet. On this

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes ps1 is great via retroNX but... Is necessary more improvements and @m4xw is doing a great job I know. XD

5. Evilengine

Evilengine GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Just wait for Lakka to work better, will all bring that you need. Maybe even Dolphin!

Holypsx likes this.
  6. Holypsx
    OP

Holypsx Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Portugal
    Yes youre right xP

7. Switchtime

Switchtime Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2018
    Denmark
    I think he's trying to say if it's possible to emulate PSP and PS1 games with the original Nintendo emulator that was released yesterday, because this emulator is probably based on the emulator of the NES / SNES Mini consoles and on which at least PS1 games can be emulated.

NoNAND and Holypsx like this.
  8. Holypsx
    OP

Holypsx Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Portugal
  9. notimp
    This message by notimp has been removed from public view by linuxares, Sep 21, 2018, Reason: bickering.
    Sep 20, 2018
  10. Trunks2304
    This message by Trunks2304 has been removed from public view by Minox, Sep 21, 2018, Reason: Response to deleted post.
    Sep 20, 2018
  11. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2007
    And to be quite frank. Just saying "just go with the different one that works" is making it very easy on the person asking the question.

- Identify if a project is still active.
    - Identify if a project has inherent flaws that will make it not supported even within the community (like using pirated Nintendo assets and look at feel).
    - Make sure to know what an emulator is and does. (F.e. read the first posting.)
    - Make sure to identify the real stumbling blocks.

(Switch using ARM64 hardware, cant run all of the libraries written for ARM32 (Snes Classic, your average Android Smartphone, ...), thats why people are waiting for other projects to write new libraries. Which takes much more time and knowledge that "just" porting a project. Meaning far fewer people can even attempt to do it.

Also -using a stolen Nintendo frontend for their homebrew projects? Strikes me as a bad idea as well, because not many homebrew devs will be into that. But according to mass user feedback, its still, a wonderfull, great and amazing (and currently dead) idea/project.)

Last edited by notimp, Sep 20, 2018
  12. notimp
    This message by notimp has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Sep 21, 2018.
    Sep 20, 2018
  13. Cubuss
    This message by Cubuss has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Sep 21, 2018.
    Sep 20, 2018
  14. justinbug2

justinbug2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    The He** is this bread?

15. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That's not how it works.
    On the NES/SNES classic, you patch the kernel so that it will load custom code, which then allows you to add more emulators and games.
    On the Switch the equivalent would be to install a homebrew emulator .nca or launch emulators through hbmenu (which you can already do)
    The emulator itself may be based on the same code, but it's not the emulator you hack on the NES/SNES Classic; it's the system itself. And the Switch is a completely different system, NES/SNES Classic IIRC is Linux based which makes doing this kind of thing much easier.
    So basically what you're asking for is just using the NES emulator frontend to launch other installed emulators from the same interface. Which would probably be possible, and it looks nice enough and all, but it'd probably be just as easy to write a nice RetroArch frontend from scratch with far more features.

Holypsx likes this.
  16. Holypsx
    OP

Holypsx Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Portugal
    Thanks for the awnsers till now. And for some people... This is just an idea nothing more, we no need "fight" or have bad feelings. Iam not a dev, just enthusiastic.
    I've my hacked switch and possible homebrew till now, because we have great devs, so please continue this great job to give us more and more features. Regards

17. horokeusama
    This message by horokeusama has been removed from public view by Chary, Sep 20, 2018, Reason: Please post in english.
    Sep 20, 2018
  18. Risingdawn

Risingdawn Tempallica

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    ☝️I'll be damned if that isn't the most ironic moderation you'll read today!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.