psp 6.60 cfw or 6.61 infinity ?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by aytug25, Feb 10, 2018.

1. aytug25
    OP

aytug25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2016
    Hello everyone
    i have psp 2004 and using 6.60 permenant cfw on it. i saw 6.61 infinity cfw, so i wonder what is the difference and should i install 6.61 cfw ?
    right now i can play any psp and psone games, but if infitiny cfw offers something more i can install it, i mean i like to use my all consoles with best cfw so should i update or stay with 6.60 ?

2. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    no you should not.

infinity CFW is for the later PSP's with CFW which was not possible. which infinity brought CFW too.

this doesnt give you any thing new, in fact you might brick your PSP doing this.

Last edited by Flame, Feb 12, 2018
  3. aytug25
    OP

aytug25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2016
    Thanks for answer, I will stay on 6.60 cfw...

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    If you have a CIPL (Pandora) compatible console you don't need Infinity or permapatch in the first place, just install a proper permanent CFW (ME, or PRO + CIPL Flasher)

Infinity (while a technically unclean method) rarely goes wrong when the instructions are followed correctly, either

The advantages of 6.61 concern mainly the web browser and PSN (TLS encryption support) and a bugfix for a certain Japanese game, else there's no practical difference with 6.60

zfreeman likes this.
  5. aytug25
    OP

aytug25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2016
    my psp has 6.60 pro cfw permanent, and i afraid to install infinity, because i afraid ruin it and brick it, and i think not a big difference, so i also have ps vita enso, can i use that certain game on psvita ?

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You should first figure out what "permanent" means, as while the word was commonly used to mean CIPL, nowadays some people also use it for permapatch and infinity

Try running the PSPIdent homebrew to check which motherboard you have (TA-xxx), that's needed to know what you options are

Don't think I've understood that question... you can run PSP software on a modded Vita with Adrenaline

7. aytug25
    OP

aytug25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2016
    Sorry english is not my main language, i was saying when i turn on my psp i can directly play games, so i guess it is permanent cfw. I will check my motherboard with pspident, if installing infinity has high brick risks, i can continue with 6.60, i also havle psvita with cfw and adrenaline for psp mode, if only difference is one Japanese game, can i play it in psvita and should i stay with 6.60 with no brick risk ?

8. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    theres nothing wrong installing infnity.

Which is not a custom firmware, but a builder and a flasher, just download infinity, both needed eboots, and that's it.

9. aytug25
    OP

aytug25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2016
    my psp is very old model, it is around 10 years old and infinity is for new models?
    I will check my mainboard model soon, infinity will work with all mainboards?

10. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    No, infinity is desgined for Cursed Motherboards, aka PSP that cant have a permanent custom, firmware.

See my previous explain here;
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/6-61-infinity-opinions.433460/

Last edited by ScarletDreamz, Feb 13, 2018
  11. aytug25
    OP

aytug25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2016
    i run pspident and my mainboard is TA-085 v2 and my psp model is slim 2004 (02g). My fw is 6.60 pro-c (permanent). Can i install infinity and what will i get with infinity ? i mean will psp has vsh menu or my plugins will work ?

12. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    TA-085 supports CIPL, no reason to use Infinity, just install the official 6.61 first then ME 6.61 OFW version for easy and permanent 6.61 CFW

13. aytug25
    OP

aytug25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2016
    Right now im using 6.60 pro-c with CIPL, can i update it to ofw 6.61 directly?

14. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Sure!

15. aytug25
    OP

aytug25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2016
    thanks for helping :)
    and should i install me or pro cfw ? which one is better ?

16. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    I prefer ME, but there are no practical differences (it's basically custom colors (ME) vs custom fonts (PRO) for recovery and vshmenu)

17. aytug25
    OP

aytug25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited by aytug25, Feb 13, 2018
  18. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    you can have a triple boot. I'm personally using me 2.3, but I can also use pro c3 by using the pro recovery app. there's a way to get into ofw as well. I think it's h0olding one of the buttons at boot.

you might be better off with a spoof. use this:

Code:
    release:6.61:
    build:4047,0,3,1,0:builder@vsh-build6
    system:55383@release_661,0x06070010:
    vsh:p6544@release_661,v56454@release_661,20091118:
    target:1:WorldWide
    name that version.txt and place it in the seplugins folder. enable the spoof in the recovery menu. I think it says something about using the firmware from a txt file. this isn't a true spoof though since there are limitations to it. you can spoof up to 9.99. ;)

19. aytug25
    OP

aytug25 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2016
    im confused, should i update 6.61 ofw or not ? and i cant update my psp, i put PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP and when i try to update it from menu, it says no applicable update data was found.
    so im very confused now

20. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Either you are spoofed already while on a custom firmware, or the data you download is corrupted.