Hacking PSP 5.50 bricked, no battery at all, how to fix?

PSLover14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi everyone!
My friends PSP-2000, Which i tried to reset to stock so I could update it to 6.60 PRO-C3, but his charger was faulty and crashed while downgrading to 5.50 OFW. Now when it turns on, It is blank, and won;t even enter the recovery menu. It was 5.50 GEN and I tried using XGEN. It doesn't have a battery, and my PSP is a E-1000. How to fix?

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What Rydain said essentially, I'm just hoping you got the early 2000 not a TA-088v3 which the Pandora is 100% blocked (PSP 2k's Shipped with Firmware 4.00 / 4.01)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It would be a good idea to check if the system is Pandora-Compatible first - what's its Data Code? You can find it inside the battery compartment, if the value is 8B or lower, you can fix it with a Pandora and a Magic Memory Stick, if it is 8C, you have a 50/50 chance of fixing it, if it is higher, only Sony can help you - you cannot recover.

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know what you are telling here, are you asking for help on your friends PSP or your PSP?

If it's your friends PSP, you need Pandora Battery to recover it from brick state.
Your E1000 though, no clue, im not sure exactly what kind of problem you were experiencing.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Recommending him to get his hands on a Pandora right now is not the best idea as we don't know if it's an early or a late PSP-2000 model - if it isn't, he might be wasting money on it so checking the compatibility is something he should do first. He's talking about the PSP-2000, or at least I gathered that much from his post.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Recommending him to get his hands on a Pandora right now is not the best idea as we don't know if it's an early or a late PSP-2000 model - if it isn't, he might be wasting money on it so checking the compatibility is something he should do first. He's talking about the PSP-2000, or at least I gathered that much from his post.

If it was on 5.50 PROME that's an indicator of compatibility. The non Pandora models were all non cIPL compatible so if that PSP did have a permanent CFW then it's good to go.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If it was on 5.50 PROME that's an indicator of compatibility. The non Pandora models were all non cIPL compatible so if that PSP did have a permanent CFW then it's good to go.
I assumed that he may have used the Power Hack - it never hurts to double-check, but I suppose you're right, such an archaic firmware is an indicator of compatibility.

PSLover14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
New Zealand
His PSP had 5.50GEN permanent, and I have no clue what the date code is. I will check it soon, but really, i haven't got the money or time to get a pandora (a.k.a i dont have a credit card) But it still has a pandora battery case. I was trying to flash ofw to it because his "games" weren't loading. It is a Japanese PSP, if that helps.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
His PSP had 5.50GEN permanent, and I have no clue what the date code is. I will check it soon, but really, i haven't got the money or time to get a pandora (a.k.a i dont have a credit card) But it still has a pandora battery case. I was trying to flash ofw to it because his "games" weren't loading. It is a Japanese PSP, if that helps.
It should be Pandora-compatible and it should be fixable. Now, normally you'd uninstall the CFW to revert to OFW, update the PSP and install PRO CFW and that should work but since the PSP's power supply was interrupted during the process, it's a brick. One that you can recover from, but a brick nonetheless.

If you can't purchase a Pandora battery right now, you may be able to afford postage to some of our better-known PSP modders - some of'em is bent to help you fix the system on the cheap. Unfortunately you can't make a Pandora yourself since your PSP is an E-1000 (A Pandora-Compatible, working PSP is required in the process of making one), your only option would be using a pre-made Pandora battery.

jordyboardy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Uhm is paypal an option? Not sure about your part of the world, but here we can transfer money from a regular bank account to paypal and then purchase something, no credit card needed.
Also it was your friend´s psp, his charger was faulty and you were friendly enough to try to update his CFW, how is it that you have to pay for it? :o

PSLover14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
New Zealand
Uhm is paypal an option? Not sure about your part of the world, but here we can transfer money from a regular bank account to paypal and then purchase something, no credit card needed.
Also it was your friend´s psp, his charger was faulty and you were friendly enough to try to update his CFW, how is it that you have to pay for it? :o
I do have paypal, but in New Zealand, you need a Visa, Mastercard, Amex or Discover (No clue what the last two are) to use on paypal. I would pay for it, as my friend is a exchange student from Japan, and he knows nothing on how it was modded, other then he could play games off the memory stick. PS, sorry for the long wait. Also TheRedfox, It didn't have a battery. this was the other problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end