GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, as i have said before, im wanting to purchase a PSP... but i now i dont know which to get...

PSP 3000 vs PSP GO

i'd like you guys to tell me....

Specs of 3000 vs Go...

Cons of 3000, Pros of 3000, Cons of GO, Pros of 3000

Hacking Possibilites on Both

Thanks
smile.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure both can be hack.

3000 cons =

big (less portability)

psp go cons =

No umd (if you plan to buy any games, this will give you less choices in games)
small ( screen small, tough on big hands)

3000 pros =

more games choices

big screen

go pros =

none... jk

small (more portability)

MaxNuker

OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
bandwagon? sorry my main language isnt english... what is bandwagon? xD

well... Go has 16GB Internal Memory... and i want to hack the PSP to play backups... go has smaller screen, but i read somewhere, i think it was a blog post by teenver? or something like that?

Smaller Screen = Differente Pixel Position or something... = Better Viewing?

PSP 3000 has the chance to get Umd... i dont know :S

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
bandwagon? sorry my main language isnt english... what is bandwagon? xD

It's a term used for people joining a cause or such because a bunch of other people do. People say they're "getting on the bandwagon" or such.

But yeah, the Go is absolutely amazing. I got one last Wednesday in the mail and I've been loving it. It's portable, easy to hack, comes with 16GB internal storage as well as cheaper expandable memory, the controls are great, and the screen is great. The only annoyance I really have with it is the new USB port. Kinda annoying to go back and forth between my charger and my PC.

I got my Go for around $110 USD including shipping in pretty decent shape. If you're someone whose into pirating PSP games, then the Go is (here's another Go-related pun) the "way to go".

MaxNuker

OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
IT WASNT TEENVER BLOG!!!! ITS WAS YOURS, GUILD!!! X'D, i think xD

i just remembered the "Go Pun"and the way you described the PSP Go, is the same as the blog ? xDDD

Anyways... Are the Go buttons okay? wont they hurt your hands? because the place where the buttons are putted... seem like a little.... flat?

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As a proud owner of a Go, I can safely say it's absolutely brilliant.

The screen is smaller, but to be fair a normal PSP screen is oversized.

Button layout is brilliant, it looks retarded but once you start using it it's great.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
Anyways... Are the Go buttons okay? wont they hurt your hands? because the place where the buttons are putted... seem like a little.... flat?

Lol, yeah I've been blogging about it recently.

I have pretty large hands myself (I'm like 6'3" and my hands are proportionately sized) and I haven't had much of an issue with the buttons. Actually, their closer proximity makes games a bit easier to play. Having the D-Pad right next to the analog nub makes games that use the D-Pad for the camera (Monster Hunter, for example) easier to adjust. I like the buttons more too. The L/R buttons are more like the DS L/R buttons (which are a little more "squishy" and not as clicky as the regular PSP) which I prefer, and face buttons seem easier to press. I haven't had any cramping or anything myself so far.

QUOTE(MaxNuker @ May 28 2011, 03:01 PM) Problem is... they have been discontinued.. i dont know if i can find one in a retail store... :s

They were discontinued in Japan but still in production in North America (I don't know about Europe though). Most stores don't carry them though so it's better to buy it online.

MaxNuker

OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
hm... i checked most "Retail" Shops website in portugal... and cant find them on any website... hmm.... could you reccomend some websites to purchase it from? in preference europe or portugal
biggrin.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Go.
It's prettier, smaller, has memory schtuff. It's overall better except for the smaller screen.
The only thing I didn't like about it was the screen annoying my fingers when using the shoulder buttons and how close the the D-Pad and nub are to the XO[]/\ buttons but that's different for everyone's grip and hands.

So yeah, I'd go with the Go.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
sorry for double post:

Is Every PSP Go, Fully hackable? or is it like PSP 3000 07/09g that can only be Semi Hacked - Light Custom firmware?

All PSPs on 6.35 firmware or below are hackable I do believe. I think every one can at least use signed homebrew and games though.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
MaxNuker said:
sorry for double post:

Is Every PSP Go, Fully hackable? or is it like PSP 3000 07/09g that can only be Semi Hacked - Light Custom firmware?

All PSPs on 6.35 firmware or below are hackable I do believe. I think every one can at least use signed homebrew and games though.

Any 6.31/5 that's not a 9g can be downgraded to 6.20 and then permpatched.

Or you can just to a half hack and reapply after every system reboot (not hard, you run an app and then wait for about a minute)

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Asside from hacking the PSP 3000 and go, it will depend on how much money your going to put into the memory stick to determine the amount of games your gonna cram on it.

PSP 3000: how much are you going to spend on a pro duo memory stick. 32GB being the max size available. Or are you going to buy a bunch of cheap 8GB or 4GB pro duo sticks to do game swapping.

PSP go: already has 16GB internal flash. how much are you going to spend on a M2 memory stick. 16GB being the max size available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)