OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tunecore.com
XP
Country
United States
I follow the softmod guide here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-softmod-hack-your-psp.293978/ in an attempt to be able to run homebrew on my psp 3000.

I was originally at 6.60 and used ChronoSwitch to downgrade to 6.20 but I wasn't able to get 6.20 PROC2 to install, I just got a perpetual black screen, so I wanted to try and restore it back to 6.60

I now believe that I'm stuck as when I try to upgrade back to 6.60, it says the data is corrupted. I tried running Frostgater's TA-095 Upgrader and it says it's corrupted. I tried re-running 6.20 PROC2 and I just get a black screen. Can't get online, can't run homebrew, can't upgrade/restore back to the original state, it seems like my psp is now sort of soft bricked. If it helps, when I go into System Settings, it says I'm on 6.20. I can't run PSPident 0.74 either, it says the data is corrupted.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by ColdForge,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why didn't you just use the infinity cfw? Hate to say it but you're more then likely bricked some how now.

ColdForge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tunecore.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think I'm SOL, I tried to open 6.61 Infinity Firmware Builder after following the directions and it says it's corrupted... sigh. If someone could find me a way to restore other than buying a new PSP I'd be extremely grateful.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I think I'm SOL, I tried to open 6.61 Infinity Firmware Builder after following the directions and it says it's corrupted... sigh. If someone could find me a way to restore other than buying a new PSP I'd be extremely grateful.
Try downgrade again and do the infinity process to see if change. Also try to downgrade to another low firm first.
Building have two options if I remember. Try the one you dont had bricked.

Last edited by Enigma Hall,
Reactions: ColdForge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi