OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psp3000vs2000_14.jpg

QUOTE said:
"The PSP-3000's display had interlacing-like artifacts when in motion, in Normal and Wide Color Space mode."

psp3000vs2000_13.jpg

QUOTE"Here you can see an off-screen shot taken in a dark environment. The PSP-3000's Color Space WIDE setting allows for a bit more contrast and detail, but at the sacrifice of saturated colors"

PSP 3000 Screen Problems

Here's some damning video of the problem.

VIDEO: Interlacing Artifacts show up in new PSP 3000 LCD Sceens

PSP 2000>PSP 1000>PSP 3000

*hugs PSP slim*

yaypsp.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that's...hilarious, actually. And here the 3000 was meant to address the screen for the most part. :3

How about you do a video of each system in direct sunlight? XD

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Unless mistaken this "PSP-3000's WIDE Color Space" looks more like an option, rather than a replacement... so couldn't you just switch it off and have it look the same as the 2000 model?

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dice said:
Unless mistaken this "PSP-3000's WIDE Color Space" looks more like an option, rather than a replacement... so couldn't you just switch it off and have it look the same as the 2000 model?
That seems to be the case, but why tout the new model as having the better screen when apparently the "old" screen does a better job of things?

I suppose the complaints here are that there really isn't much for improvement in the new model, ignoring the microphone of course.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Doomsday Forte said:
dice said:
That seems to be the case, but why tout the new model as having the better screen when apparently the "old" screen does a better job of things?

I suppose the complaints here are that there really isn't much for improvement in the new model, ignoring the microphone of course.

"The PSP-3000's display had interlacing-like artifacts when in motion, in Normal and Wide Color Space mode."

Normal mode apparently has problems too.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
mrchew said:
some one got the screens mixed up the 3000 is the better one not the 2000
check here. screens

Since when did brightness have anything to do with interlace problems? Those screens aren't even related to the OP.

Edit: Nevermind, I keep forgetting who the trolls are and who the trolls aren't.

mrchew

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
mrchew said:
some one got the screens mixed up the 3000 is the better one not the 2000
check here. screens

Since when did brightness have anything to do with interlace problems? Those screens aren't even related to the OP.
the screens still show no interlace problems like the ones you are showing now in the older modles you see a little

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uhm, based on that reveiw/comparison article I read, I cant see why anyone would need a PSP 3000....It seems like you cold just get a PSP case--since thats the only GOOD thing about it thats different.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well with the screen problem there if you run it in that new mode, the I think it was little lesser battery life, and the higher cost I can't see why the hell this is very desirable. I'm happy kind of to see it sucks because it validates my slim buy a couple months back. I use the thing quite often either on it or via the cable into my LCD and it's fantastic.

bobfernando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wahaha. PSP 1000 FTW.

Ill bet they'll change the motherboard to the TA 088v3 for the models that have the screen fixed (if they do decide to fix it).

Otherwise, Im still perfectly happy with my launch PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1