PSP 3000 Hacked!!!.....Yes, Really....

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
French Hackers and PSPGen have announced that fresh off the bat, after the Gripshift exploit was found in the Euro version of the game, they have developed a Homebrew enabler. Not quite a custom firmware, and not for public release, but this surely is only going to set the scene ablaze as developers race to find more exploits and achieve fame and notoriety. Straight from PSPGen themselves (and run through Google Translator)

QUOTE said:
To run a Custom Firmware for PSP 3000 was announced as possible and yet our development team has done and we're online video that shows you the feat from A to Z

Our development team has thus achieve two feats in one:

* Getting to exploit the flaw with the euro GripShift
* Enable Kernel Mode through it to run a custom firmware.

Before you say more about this subject, we would like to thank Matiaz Freeplay and for opening the way to this achievement.The flaw found by Matiaz was not until yesterday, exploitable via the euro GripShift. If the flaw exists, it should find the matching addresses to get to launch the code. The weekend was long but our favorite developers have managed to do the right thing for this to work.

But then, our development team has therefore come to find out what was announced as yet impossible Freeplay and friends, exploitation Kernel mode via the flaw GripShift. Indeed, she found a way to activate the Kernel mode and, quite logically, to successfully install a HEN which allows the use of the advantages of a Custom Firmware without having to flash his console.

Let us be clear, this is not a Custom Firmware but it allows access to the benefits of it:

* Launching homebrews (Kernel mode or user mode)
* Launch games in ISO format
* etc. etc..

There's nothing like a good video to try to play the first PSP in 3000 to host a kind of custom firmware, the 5.02HEN-A:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x80haw_ps...hena_videogames

Why we will not, yet, the files to achieve the feat online:

Imagine that we would be nothing more than pleased to share our happiness and that if we do not put them online is only a question our practice we will try to explain as best as possible.

If we put these files online, you can access the HEN you open the door to the benefits of underground PSP 3000 and others, but because there is a big BUT, it would put to light the vulnerability that allows us to Kernel Mode switch to Sony and the mouth of the next day. This will shut the door without having a backup solution. Our developers are seeking a loophole in order to upload files using it. Once they have found, this feat will be put online in an instant.

Let us give you an orphan as a result?

As stated in the video, we will put online within 48 hours and tampered with safeguarding the SDK enables developers to exploit the flaw with the Euro GripShift. Thus, in the meantime, the former owners unhappy GripShift euro will also be able to enjoy the joys of underground-in User Mode. Pleasure, we will recall, allows access to emulators, and very good games and homebrews utilities.

A Warning:

This is a first step, but it is currently impossible to flash A comprehensive Custom Firmware PSP 3000 (PSP 2000 and V3) as the pre-IPL is still not changed. It remains to this day, a Proof of Concept, which is there to demonstrate that it is possible and note that it is not 100% that this exploit is launched a day for the above reasons.

Source

Here's hoping for a second exploit!

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so something good did come from the Gripshift exploit! Neato.

The bit about it not flashing the system is interesting. Reminds me of FlashMe-Stealth, in a way...

magicalshin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder if this will work on the upgraded version of the psp 2000 because mine has a motherboard that cannot be flashed

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
magicalshin said:
i wonder if this will work on the upgraded version of the psp 2000 because mine has a motherboard that cannot be flashed
From an earlier report they stated that this exploit should work across all firmwares (all the way down to 1.0) and across all motherboards. I guess only RW testing will prove it true.

need4speed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This Is really great news
biggrin.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
from what i understand using this is kinda like installing m33 cfw, but instead of installing in the usual firmware memory(which can brick your psp) you "install" it in your RAM(which won't brick a psp, but will revert to ofw after a reboot).

this does mean more data from TA-088v3 and TA-090v2 can be obtained, since it will now be possible to run a full-function cfw(although you can't install one yet)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well here's a turn up for the books...seems that Miriam = ketchup = HelldashX, who apparently used code stolen from DaX and reverse engineering of the M33 code to produce this. Needless to say DaX is a little annoyed.

Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
muhahahaha!!! I just bought Myself Gripshift today for £9 lol ahem for erm playing cool racing erm games YAH!
nyanya.gif

I feel bad for you cause this hack only works with the USA verison of the game
tongue.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
from what i understand using this is kinda like installing m33 cfw, but instead of installing in the usual firmware memory(which can brick your psp) you "install" it in your RAM(which won't brick a psp, but will revert to ofw after a reboot).

this does mean more data from TA-088v3 and TA-090v2 can be obtained, since it will now be possible to run a full-function cfw(although you can't install one yet)

so it's basically a soft mod like a swap magic disc, not worth it because if you want to play a game each time you have to keep booting gripshift to play the game.

Dark said:
QUOTE(kobykaan @ Jan 13 2009, 06:03 PM) muhahahaha!!! I just bought Myself Gripshift today for £9 lol ahem for erm playing cool racing erm games YAH!
nyanya.gif

I feel bad for you cause this hack only works with the USA verison of the game
tongue.gif

i read the other topic regarding this exploit and it says they used a europe version of the game not a american.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup