PSP 3000 Fifa bundle - Which firmware is it shipped with?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by devil-fish, Aug 3, 2011.

1. devil-fish
    OP

Newcomer devil-fish Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy a fifa 2010 PSP 3000 bundle but I want to know what firmware they are shipped with before I buy this over one that's easier to run homebrew on..

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    It doesn't matter what firmware its on as there's PRO-B firmware for firmwares 6.20/6.35/6.39. All PSPs are hackable. As its new I'm guessing it'll be above 07g and therefore you have to use the tempory CFW which honestly isn't a problem. Basically each time you turn the PSP off the hack is gone and you re-hack it. The process takes less than twenty seconds so it isn't an issue at all.

3. devil-fish
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for that. I was under the impression than a slightly older PSP bundle (like the fifa 2010) might come with 6.20 as stock OFW meaning I could permanently keep CFW on it?

4. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    It depends if its below 07g, if it is you can, if not you have to use the temp CFW which isn't a problem at all.

5. devil-fish
    OP

United Kingdom
    So it could be shipped with 6.00 firmware but still be over 07g?

I thought you could use the permanenet 6.20 CFW on ANY PSP that has 6.20 firmware on it? Or would trying to put 6.20 CFW on a 07g+ PSP (running 6.20 ofw) result in as brick?

No worries, Just wondered as I'd rather the permanent fw than temporary but I'm not particularly bothered.

Thanks!

6. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    i bought the god of war - ghost of sparta bundle and my psp is 3000 04g and was on 6.30 fw, now on 6.39 pro b8 non perma and true it is no bother at all to fast recovery the psp at launch, takes like 10 sec and it's all set

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You can use 6.20 permanent on any PSP that has or has had any firmware 6.20 or lower on it, since you can downgrade now from 6.39 or less.

As for what comes with what, I'm not sure.