Gaming PSP 3000 connected via RCA to TV HDMI?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I usually connect my PSP to my HDTV via RCA cable. The PSP games look great, but the PSX games are edgy, blocky and pixelated.

Is it possible to connect a PSP 3000, via RCA/AV cable, to the HDMI input of the TV, using an adapter? Is there such an adapter (RCA to HDMI)? If so, what would it do? Does it magnify the image? Or does it filter/interpolate the graphics, thus improving that of the psx games?
Would you also post me a link or a picture of that adapter/cable?

Thanks.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Are there adapters? Plenty of them.

Do they improve the look of the game? Only if you buy the more expensive upscalers, cheapo $10 adapters will do the job but you get no filters or image improvements and all of them will simply scale the image to 720p or 1080p over HDMI without any filtering or proper scaling and the games will look like garbage.

The more expensive upscalers, on the other hand, do include filters and improvements to make the games look a bit better on modern TVs.

https://www.retrotink.com/product-page/2x-mini/ < RetroTink is one of the examples of the cheaper upscalers, and for composite to HDMI you'll need to throw down $80 USD. Otherwise, you'll need to spend $200+ for "good" ones like OSSC or XRGB Framemeister.

https://gbatemp.net/review/retrotink-2x.1050/ < Here's a GBAtemp review where you can see comparisons if you need them for the Retrotink.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Tom Bombadildo Thanks for the prompt response. So there are those that only scale the image, while others filter the graphics as well. Interesting. The seller you mentioned I believe is american, but I should find a similar one here in Europe; I certainly wouldn't order it there. I should be looking for an inexpensive product but one that adds at least a simple graphic filter (like linear, bilinear etc). Let's see if someone proposes me a product with these characteristics....

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my 3001 connected to my cheapo HDTV via RCA/AV cable [plus 10 foot extension cable], and mine seems to have a fine [not great, but acceptable] picture. textures.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality