Gaming PSP 2000, Start Button... Long Story

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, awhile back, I started having trouble with my PSP 2000's start button. It was acting like the start button was held down. (But you could still physically press the button down, and feel it move, so I know the button wasn't stuck.) So I decided to get a new home-bar from Hong Kong, on eBay. Big mistake. The order took TWO MONTHS, to get to my house, and when it got here, it was in a plain 'ol envelope, no protection at all. So, hoping this would do the trick, I installed the home-bar, and updated to D-3 (I was using B Full). All the buttons work, but now, instead of the start button being help down all the time, it's not working at all.

The main reason I had to get a new home bar is because I couldn't update my PSP when the home bar was being help down, I would just get a hex error...

So, do I try my luck on a new home-bar? Or do you think it's the motherboard (where the ribbon cable plugs in) that has problems?

Video of before I replaced my home-bar.

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump...
glare.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anybody can answer this definitively. All I can suggest is reseating the bar to make sure you didn't install it incorrectly, because maybe it's not secure.

By plain envelope, do you mean a letter envelope as opposed to a shipping envelope? That would be a little silly.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it were me, I would try reseating it as already stated. Open up the unit, but don't dismantle everything. Power it on and try manually pressing the start button by holding the bar in and pressing it, without the shell or anything getting in the way. If you can get it to respond this way, then that eliminates many of the potential problems.

D

Deleted-171178

Are you sure the first time it wasn't a firmware issue?
And then, as you replaced it, you somehow "broke" the button?

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
I don't think anybody can answer this definitively. All I can suggest is reseating the bar to make sure you didn't install it incorrectly, because maybe it's not secure.

By plain envelope, do you mean a letter envelope as opposed to a shipping envelope? That would be a little silly.
Okay thanks. And yeah, I mean plain envelope.

QUOTE(beegee7730 @ Mar 4 2010, 05:15 AM) Are you sure the first time it wasn't a firmware issue?
And then, as you replaced it, you somehow "broke" the button?

I had M33 and B Full during that time, so probably not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free