Hacking PSP 2000 - Ghosting normal, or CFW / CPU setting issue?

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, is ghosting/motion blur a normal trait on a psp 2000? (I'm running 6.60 PRO CFW)

I have the CPU/memory up to 333/333. Are there some games i'd want it throttled down, or can that help make less blur?

I notice this on .iso's, not just .cso's. God of War's .ISO have blur, Lego Star Wars .cso have blur. Other titles too.

For example, Kratos moving in GoW, you can see a reddish ghosting that trails behind him.

Does using the Inferno driver vs other type matter?

Thanks for any info!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I had that same problem on a early 2000 model once.

It has to do with the LCD.
Best thing is to replace the LCD then since ghosting is a hardware problem.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You really cant win completely with PSP displays, 1k and 2k have varying levels of ghosting (most noticable when pixels are transitioning from one end of their range to the other eg a bright colour to black) and 3k has the 'interlacing' artifacts.
The go's screen does seem to be clearest of all (comparing my 1k and go along with a 2k and 3k belonging to friends), however it is a little smaller.

Bonovox40

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so it's nothing specifically wrong, just hardware limitations. I can live with that. I was just wondering if there was something I didn't have set right, or worst case that it's a sign of something failing/damaged.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse