Gaara_87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So here's the case so far:

I bought a PSP 1004 with semi-brick on it. Tried all kinds of repairs, but none of them worked. Worked with Pandora set, Hellcat and ELF. I'm using original Sony memorycard and battery. I also got a second PSP 1004, which I used to make a pandora set.

1.50 -> corrupted icons on xmb, reads from memorycard and umd but programs freezes on PSP logo
3.71 -> Playstation logo and sound on start, but freezes before xmb
3.80 -> black screen
3.90 -> black screen
5.00 -> black screen
5.50 -> black screen

Tried with OFW and CFW -> same problems. Currently has DCv8 5.50GEN.

It goes to the recovery menu, but when I try to load anything, it freezes. I can upgrade/downgrade using pandora set and elf (only with elf and Pandora I can start programs). Currently if I try to do anything, everything ends up frozen.

So I really need help with this project. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I'll try my best to answer questions
-----------------------
Edit: DCv-versions 5 to 8 doesn't work (black screen), only older versions work.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sounds like it's more then just the firmware that's damaged, sir.

The only thing I can really recommend is grabbing 5.00 OFW, downloading MMS Maker and attempting to install 5.00 on the unit without using Hellcat's Flasher.

Gaara_87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Tried using Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker to make MMS-card, but it fails on formatting the memorycard. I also tried to format card before using MMS maker and then tried to make MMS, but that too failed. Only PSP Tool and Hellcat works, when making a MMS-card.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tried using Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker to make MMS-card, but it fails on formatting the memorycard. I also tried to format card before using MMS maker and then tried to make MMS, but that too failed. Only PSP Tool and Hellcat works, when making a MMS-card.
Are you connecting the Memory Stick via another PSP or a card reader?

Gaara_87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

First I tried via PSP, then with a card reader. Both failed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Tried Foxi4:s given method, and it failed.

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First I tried via PSP, then with a card reader. Both failed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Tried Foxi4:s given method, and it failed.
how big is your memory card because the limit for a mms is 4gb

Gaara_87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
PSP Grader works making the MMS, if I format my memory stick before using it. If I try to format memory stick using PSP Grader, it fails. Pandora Stick made by PSP Grader doesn't work.

Gaara_87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
MMS made with PSP Grader doesn't start. Not with a normal or with a Pandora battery. The power and backlight comes on, but screen stays black. MMS made by Pandora Installer (by Hellcat) and PSP Tool works fine. Only thing is, that if I upgrade or downgrade, installed fw doesn't work (see first post).

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MMS made with PSP Grader doesn't start. Not with a normal or with a Pandora battery. The power and backlight comes on, but screen stays black. MMS made by Pandora Installer (by Hellcat) and PSP Tool works fine. Only thing is, that if I upgrade or downgrade, installed fw doesn't work (see first post).
have you pressed your activation combo key?

Gaara_87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Select Trigger Button: UP (normally Left)
Pressed UP while starting PSP. Used pandora battery, normal battery and AC only. Orange light flashes few times (tries to read) and backlight turns on (able to change the brightness), but that is all what happens.
-------------------------
Edit: Made MMS with PSP Pandora Deluxe. Now MMS contains ELF Menu, Time Machine, KeyCleaner (which doesn't start), Hellcat's Flasher and DCv3-4. Made fresh OFW 1.50 backup with flasher, but I can't flash/restore it, co's I'm running flasher through Pandora. It says "ERROR! Can not restore firmware 1.50 while running from Pandora!" and Hellcat's Flasher doesn't start from Recovery (PSP turns off after "loading..."). If only I could install that non-corrupted ofw 1.50 with Hellcat while on Pandora...
-------------------------
Edit: So I disassembled my PSP and in the motherboard there was marking TA-079. But why does it say on Pandora ELF menu that my PSP has a motherboard TA-081? Is there any difference between them? I also ran the nandTool 0.40NEO and checked for bad blocks. Result: bad block 0202 (page 6464) and 0560 (page 17920)​

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm