Hacking PSP 1001 OFW 6.40 downgradeable

master801

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it yet possible to downgrade a psp 1001 ofw 6.40? In a few weeks I might get a pandora battery. Its of those tool batterys where you press and hold the buttons and you can switch them out from original to pandora and you can keep doing that.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Holy balls! Why is it on 6.40? You have to go out of your way and run the update to have 6.40. Regardless, a Pandora battery should get the job done as far as I'm aware. The 1k series PSP is awesome like that.

A question for somebody else: Could he just use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher?

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
Nathan Drake said:
A question for somebody else: Could he just use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher?

No.

Didn't think so, figured I would check.

So yeah, Pandora it up. Don't know why you are on 6.40, but enjoy having a 1k so that you can fix that mistake.

trev1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not sure about the hold thing....basically you will need to set up a magic memory stick...and put the pandora programs on it...then insert the battery and press and hold L....then install 5.00 m33 (the classic BEST!)

then you upgrade to either 6.39 PRO or ME...then you can play the newest games...google is your teacher...or you can p.m me...good luck

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Right, everyone should warn him not to update again.. and i believe the 6.40 is a umd update only? I cant believe there is people updating to 6.40 though.. The 6.40 update doesnt exactly do much.

master801

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only upgraded it bacause I wanted to play demos from playstation store. Sony told me to update it and I didn't know that in a year or two that hacks would be out freely. Also it is not a umd update my umd drive is broken.
frown.gif

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
The latest update is for 6.39, still. The 6.40 update is only on the Japanese game Gundam Memories (I believe that's the one). You don't need the 6.40 update to access PSN. It isn't even really public.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
master801 said:
How come nobodys posting here?

You change the story every time somebody else posts, then you say I don't know, and now you don't even know what the problem is and you're saying that your screen is broken. How the hell is anybody supposed to help you?

Also, quit double and triple posting. You have an edit button on every single one of your posts. Learn to use it. If nobody responds, I would assume it is for the reason I just gave you above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome