Hardware PSP 1001 MISSING psn and won't connect to Internet

Leonardo Silva

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a psp 1001 from someone off Craigslist and everything workso fine but there isn't a psn app and it won't connect to the Internet.
System software is version 2.71

lusid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That firmware predates PSN's existence by about 6 months. Download the 6.61 update manually on a PC, and transfer over USB. Files and directions are here:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/psp/

Wifi on the PSP only supports 802.11B. WPA-PSK was added in 2.00, older code could only do WEP, but it never got WPA2. You may need to downgrade your wireless security.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a psp 1001 from someone off Craigslist and everything workso fine but there isn't a psn app and it won't connect to the Internet.
System software is version 2.71
Download the update like the previous post said. Then transfer it to the folder called ms0:PSP>GAME on the system. Or if you have any umd games, it should contain a few updates that should least be able to perform wireless update.

Oh also about the security thing, You can use wpa encryption, but not aes password encryption. Or if you can find a network with no password should work too. Also you can't access psn on PSP anymore, that is no longer possible cause of sony.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol