Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What has a faster Internet Browser PSP 1000 or 2000? Or are they the same. And can you play Flash Games on the PSP 1000 or 2000 on the Internet? I remember trying to run a game in Miniclip but I think it was taking forever to load or it didn't work.
I know you can play Youtube on both which one is faster though?
EDIT: Any Java Support so I could play online games in playok.com?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't find any videos on Youtube about the Browsing speed of both browsers. So if anyone could find me one that would be great. What about Youtube?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Both have the same speed, what is different is the amount of stuff that can be loaded onto the PSP 2000 compared to the 1000. The PSP 1000 has half the RAM of the PSP 2000 so it cannot load as many images on the same page (it struggles severely with sites such as GBATemp with a million different images)

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
browsers on anything slower than an itouch suck...

dont base what model you get on how the browser will preform, but on the unit itself.

do you like a big hefty handheld, that happens to have a IR emitter? or would you prefer a smaller, lighter, sexier version, with no IR emitter, that happens to have a nicer screen?

i have both, and play the 2000 more.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themuddaload said:

dont base what model you get on how the browser will preform, but on the unit itself.

do you like a big hefty handheld, that happens to have a IR emitter? or would you prefer a smaller, lighter, sexier version, with no IR emitter, that happens to have a nicer screen?

It's not that much smaller, not that much lighter, and definitely not sexier. The 1000 has an IR emitter which is great for homebrew app IRShell. The screen is the same, I don't know wtf you're talking about there. The default browser on the PSP is a LITTLE slow, but that can be dealt with by downloading a homebrew browser enhancement app.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The best browser for PSP (2000 is better IMO because of the double RAM) would be Opera Mini. Just download PSPKVM and then the generic version of Opera Mini. It's as fast as a browser could possibly be on the PSP.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Screen on PSP SLim is thinner and less blurry to my knowledge.

The PSP SLim is not that much slimmer, most has been shaved off the battery (which is what juts out on the 1000 the other side was probably molded to match) Other than no Skype and a slightly worse web browser the PSP 1000 comes off alright and is guaranteed hackable. I prefer inserting the games to putting them on the door and closing as well...seems less risky to me.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
Screen on PSP SLim is thinner and less blurry to my knowledge.

The PSP SLim is not that much slimmer, most has been shaved off the battery (which is what juts out on the 1000 the other side was probably molded to match) Other than no Skype and a slightly worse web browser the PSP 1000 comes off alright and is guaranteed hackable. I prefer inserting the games to putting them on the door and closing as well...seems less risky to me.
To each their own I suppose, I prefer just not using the UMD door at all, if you catch my drift.
tongue.gif
It IS a good thing that the 1000 is guaranteed hackable, but I use Skype regularly and I like the slimmer form factor. Oh, and it weighs like a quarter pound less.
tongue.gif
As for the battery, just get the extended battery kit. Sure, it adds a slight bulge where the battery is, but it's actually better grip for gaming IMO. Also, it doesn't add much weight, which is a good thing.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
A PSP-2000 is an upgrade in more respects than form factor but to me it all would hinge on the prices I could get each thing for. If a 1000 is cheaper I would go for that (I got my pre-hacked 1000 for £50 off a friend with 10 games, a camera and a headset) but if 2000s are easier to find and cheaper as there isn't as high a demand for them I'd go for that (as long as I knew I was getting a hackable one)

Skype on a PSP as interesting as it is doesn't appeal to me too much as its just an extra gimmick to me

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Both have the same speed, what is different is the amount of stuff that can be loaded onto the PSP 2000 compared to the 1000. The PSP 1000 has half the RAM of the PSP 2000 so it cannot load as many images on the same page (it struggles severely with sites such as GBATemp with a million different images)

Actually, the built in browser (without a homebrew mod) can normally only use 4MB of RAM on both the fat and slim regardless of the amount of memory actually available. There is Netfront beta 4, which is a version of the PSP browser hacked that has been hacked to use all 32MB/64MB of RAM. Also note that to play Exult (Ultima 7 remake), you need a Slim as it will crash every 10 minutes or so on the fat due to the lack of memory. Other things that require a Slim are the pspstates plugin (save states for PSP games) and some emulators. I strongly recommend getting a hackable PSP 2000 for those reasons alone, as well as TV output (even on SD with FuSa).

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
The best browser for PSP (2000 is better IMO because of the double RAM) would be Opera Mini. Just download PSPKVM and then the generic version of Opera Mini. It's as fast as a browser could possibly be on the PSP.
Yeh I know but the controls suck a lot. But its pretty fast not sure if its as fast as the Ipod Touch.

@Everyone else idc which one is better/bigger/smaller/lighter all I wanted to know is which one has a faster Web Browser.

@ni255 only 4mb of RAM? The DSi ever has a better Web Browser than it. No one I could go on some websites on my DS Lite that won't work on the PSP1k

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
themuddaload said:

It's not that much smaller, not that much lighter, and definitely not sexier. The 1000 has an IR emitter which is great for homebrew app IRShell. The screen is the same, I don't know wtf you're talking about there. The default browser on the PSP is a LITTLE slow, but that can be dealt with by downloading a homebrew browser enhancement app.
I HAVE BOTH. the 2000 is a lot lighter... about 2/3 the thickness... and the screen is easier to see... i have used the ir emitter for a remote before, the novelty value wears off quick. sorry to deflate your peen...

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Skyline969 said:
Yeh I know but the controls suck a lot. But its pretty fast not sure if its as fast as the Ipod Touch.

@Everyone else idc which one is better/bigger/smaller/lighter all I wanted to know is which one has a faster Web Browser.

@ni255 only 4mb of RAM? The DSi ever has a better Web Browser than it. No one I could go on some websites on my DS Lite that won't work on the PSP1k

Yes, the browser is deliberately crippled to only use 4MB of RAM. All they did with Netfront was remove that artificial limit, add highmem support on the slim (the extra 32MB that is supposed to only be used for UMD caching) and package it into an eboot.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
So which Web Browser is fast? The PSP 2000 or the PSP 1000?

They are the same if you use the built in web browser. If you use a hacked version (Netfront beta 4) or Opera Mini, the 2000 is faster. Also, the 2000 supports save states in PSP games as well as having better emulator support. So do you want to play Ultima 7, N64 games (once the emulator is fast enough), use save states on PSP games, or have TV out? If so, then get a 2000 (as long as it isn't a TA-088v3 motherboard)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.