Hardware PSP 1000 (Phat) buttons seem to be...sticking?

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@placebo_yue There's a protective cover for the screen attached to the shell/faceplate. Look:
ng2NmiC.png

That protective cover is what's scratched and scuffed up, so changing the faceplate/shell will fix it, and I can also clean the buttons etc .etc.

Reactions: placebo_yue

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@placebo_yue Hell no lol. I was just trying to show you that there IS a screen protector built into the front faceplate of the PSP.
oh, right. I thought i was clear before, the shell faceplate has "something" over the screen, it's not the actual screen that's exposed. That's rarely the case since it'd mean the guts of the console are exposed to dust and stuff.
I considered that part of the shell, not an actuall screen protector or whatever. Since it doesn't even have a bump or bolts or glue, it is part of the shell. But.. tomate, tomato.. now you know what you're gonna deal with, who cares right?

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@placebo_yue who cares indeed. Lol, I was just trying to make it clear that there was "something" there that looked like a protector and buying a new faceplate should fix not only the screen protector scratches but will also provide a cool new look to my PSP. I YouTube'd a video on how to unfasten the front plate (seems easy enough). So I'll be replacing that (when it comes in the mail) and I'll be following you and @elk1007's directions on how to make the buttons more responsive, thanks so much! I will post here in a month or two (whenever I decide to do the slight modification) and show my progress. I'll also give an update as to if the buttons are sticking any more.

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what Placebo is saying is that you should be extra careful when handling the PSP screen.
You're right that the screen is behind a protective faceplate, but dirt and fingerprints get 'trapped' there.
You have to take the faceplate off to clean it :psp:

Nintendo got it right starting with GBA SPs clamshell design! :sp:

Reactions: placebo_yue

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@elk1007 & @placebo_yue I will do my best to be extra careful when handling the PSP screen, meaning no fingerprints or dirt will be on the screen once I place the new shell over it. And I won't have to clean the PSP screen I simply just need to replace the faceplate and all my troubles will be gone (all the scratches are on the faceplate not the screen inside the faceplate).
REALLY trying to stress that I know what you guys are saying lol I just have to do it and it won't be for a while but I'll call upon you two if I need help WHEN I do it, that's WHEN, Lol.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@placebo_yue You were right these batteries are crap. They say they're 100% charged but when you go to test them they die within a few hours, One went from 100% to 35% in less than 3 hours (just on the XMB). But considering that I can turn these batteries into Pandora batteries I think I'll keep them. (I really don't know) it might have been longer that it's been in the PSP when it shuts off I'll recharge it and test again this time with a stopwatch.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@placebo_yue You were right these batteries are crap. They say they're 100% charged but when you go to test them they die within a few hours, One went from 100% to 35% in less than 3 hours (just on the XMB). But considering that I can turn these batteries into Pandora batteries I think I'll keep them. (I really don't know) it might have been longer that it's been in the PSP when it shuts off I'll recharge it and test again this time with a stopwatch.
if they hold a few hours consider yourself lucky. I brought two and both of these turn off suddenly despite saying they're either fully or more than 50% charged. It's like they give uneven voltage, therefore the PSP shuts down when it's lower than certain threshold. You simply can't play with such batteries...

2 hours of stable gameplay is not bad, considering the bleak status of PSP batteries available of the present.

BigDaddyWeaves

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do feel lucky, but like I said I'm really only gonna be using it for creating a jig-kick battery (but then that means I gotta be careful if I ever use it as a pandora battery (jig). Wouldn't want a shutdown while flashing flashes 0,1,2,3 (is there a 4? I forget lol) Anyway I am getting a few hours out of it but totally unreliable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead