Hacking PSP 1000 bricks when trying to flash 6.60 OFW

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, a friend of mine gave me his PSP 1000 since he didn't need it and such. It came with 5.50 OFW so yeah I thought of upgrading to 6.60. OFW. However when I try to update it via internet it shows some DNS error, and via the memory stick option it shows an error (DRNFFFFFFCD) which I believe means that the PSP was once flashed with custom firmware and while flashing with OFW 5.50 it has corrupt IDstorage.

Okay, I create a Magic Memory Stick and use a 5-year-old Pandora battery, flash 5.00 M33 (or something like that), and then put 5.50 GEN-D3 in the MMS to flash any sony OFW. I put the 6.60 EBOOT.PBP in the root of the MMS and begin flashing. The flashing goes fine, no errors of any kind.

However, when I try to turn it on it doesn't turn on the backlight, completely black screen, green light is lit and shuts off after ~10 seconds.

What's the problem here? Does this mean I need to be stuck with 5.50 Prometheus?

EDIT: I also tried to use Keycleaner, not wiping the 0x0005 or something key, and I couldn't still update to 6.60 OFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mj you are the father