Psooble to recover with Acekard 2?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by SherlockHolmeboy, Aug 22, 2009.

Aug 22, 2009
  1. SherlockHolmeboy
    OP

Member SherlockHolmeboy GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I was just wondering, is it possible to run FlashMe recovery mode using an Acekard 2?

2. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    uh...

well, if you can get the DS to boot slot-1, then you can run flashme again.

however, if you're fully bricked, then no.

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    For whatever reason, recovery mode doesn't work on the Acekard 2.

4. Falkentyne

Member Falkentyne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got into what seemed like recovery mode, on my ak2i, with flashme v8. The DSL power light kept blinking on and off--holding down start and select while powering on, right? And the DS immediately autostarts slot-1 and if empty, then slot 2? Is that really recovery mode though? Because I ran a game in this mode and the light "stopped" blinking, as if the DS went into normal mode.

I thought in recovery mode, nothing is able to run except basic programs?

Do I have to be partially bricked to see if this recovery mode even works then?
    Or did you guys test recovery mode on a fully working DS with an acekard 2? Hold down start+select, yours goes to a white screen instead of the acekard menu?

5. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    If your DS is bricked, you hold start and select to boot directly to slot1 or slot2 with FlashMe installed, and then you may be able to reinstall FlashMe. You can check if recovery mode is working by inserting a retail game into slot1 and holding start and select to turn on. If it works, then try it with an AceKard 2 inserted instead. If it works, it can be used for recovery. If it doesnt, it cant.