Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_177066_262_8692.jpg

A copy of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, a game for the original Playstation, has been spotted on the Vita's European Playstation Store, leading to speculation that support for Playstation One games will come soon.

In a post from NeoGAF, the game's icon on the LiveArea is shown and details on the game are also discussed.

The game won't boot as of yet, apparently loading the Vita's PSP emulator instead of a nonexistent PSOne emulator, leading many to believe that the game was wrongly labeled. However, it does have a dedicated LiveArea logo for Playstation games, meaning that it is to be officially supported.

Leading to this speculation, in response to a request on the status of PSOne games on the Vita, Sony Computer Entertainment boss Shuhei Yoshida said earlier this week that "Our engineers are working hard on it."

The game, while certainly not one of the noteworthy Playstation titles, is available on the PSN Store for Europe for £3.99 until/if it is taken down.

:arrow: Source

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: 4 people

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The same price as always.
For us pirates yeah, but what about people who bought this game via PSN for the PSP already? And surely we don't have to pay more than 5 dollars for a game that came out 20 years ago?

He's saying the price on PSN won't change. PsOne games already affordable, most are £3.99 GBP to £7.99 GBP. The £8 I spent on the first MGS was well worth the money.

Shromz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually do remember wanting that game when I was younger, I would have all these game demo disc, and I would play that game the most.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
For us pirates yeah, but what about people who bought this game via PSN for the PSP already? And surely we don't have to pay more than 5 dollars for a game that came out 20 years ago?
What are you on about?

This game is newly released on PSN, it just so happened to show up on the Vita PSN list by mistake. If you bought a PS1 game on PSN before, you don't need to pay for it again.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
buzzz.jpg.jpg

It says in plain english that it's compatible with PS3 and PSP in 2 places, how could someone misinterpret this as a prophecy of PSOne support comming up soon?

It's a simple database error, surely it will be fixed.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says in plain english that it's compatible with PS3 and PSP in 2 places, how could someone misinterpret this as a prophecy of PSOne support comming up soon?

It's a simple database error, surely it will be fixed.

It has a dedicated LiveArea bubble and PSOne logo. Plus we know the support is coming, they stated it was, but they never said when.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
how could someone misinterpret this as a prophecy of PSOne support comming up soon?
because

Own PS1 LiveArea background plus a different icon shown that has removed the 'PS3 + PSP' border.
I think you're the third person who tells me that today and for the third time I reply that I'm not saying the Vita will not have PSOne support but that this is a simple error on their part as they're not ready to release the PSOne games yet and they will surely take it down.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I think you're the third person who tells me that today and for the third time I reply that I'm not saying the Vita will not have PSOne support but that this is a simple error on their part as they're not ready to release the PSOne games yet and they will surely take it down.
we know. we aren't saying htey are ready either just that ps1 support is coming soon because they have obviously already got vitas psn sorted for ps1 games and the other stuff.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can already see the future of the Vita store... PS1 games, PS1 games everywhere.

Anyway, it would be very interesting if this was a stunt Sony pulled just for the buzz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real