prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
anZ55.png

SEGA has released a Character Creation demo (which is also a Benchmark to see if you can run PSO2 properly) today. It's free to download and you do not need a SEGA ID or have to be in the Alpha/Beta tests to use it. It's all in Japanese but it's easily understandable. Ricardo, owner of Bumped.org Phantasy Star Blog has created a mini guide for the copyright guidelines you need to use to share your creations and some translations of the options.

:arrow: Direct Download of the Demo (446MB) | pso2.jp
:arrow: Mirror (446MB) | 4Gamer.net
:arrow: PSO2: The Character Creator Demo is Up! Plus Mini Guide! | Bumped.org

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Added 4Gamer mirror and put the size of the demo.
"You may not change the playback speed either"

... tinfoil hat, or is this actually stated in the use guide?
It's stated, you're not allowed to do anything unless you want your video taken down :v

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Uh, sorry if this sounds stupid but uh
I am getting like, a 1000 or something score, however the game itself appears to run just fine, and gets around 43 FPS @@
Why is the score so low? D:

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am getting like, a 1000 or something score, however the game itself appears to run just fine, and gets around 43 FPS @@
What settings did you put?
Were they at max or default?
If you maxed them you should lower them till like level 2, and while the game might run fine, imagine if it was online, with all the other players and stuff happening, then it won't work well at all... To work well it needs to be over 2000 and even so, unless it's over 5000 it might have some issues. =O

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If you maxed them you should lower them till like level 2, and while the game might run fine, imagine if it was online, with all the other players and stuff happening, then it won't work well at all... To work well it needs to be over 2000 and even so, unless it's over 5000 it might have some issues. =O
wut
it's benchmarking the game, so it's taking that into consideration because you know, it's an online game...
2000-5000 and the game will work fine.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
What settings did you put?
Were they at max or default?
Max. Tried for a bit(Didn't see the final score) with level 1-4. 3 might be the best level for me, though like I said I didn't complete the thing so I dunno the final score D: Gonna do so when I am free.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maxxed graphic settings, was in 30+ FPS the entire time (as many real PS3 games are on the console itself when released), got 1947, which is supposedly unplayable according to what SEGA says.
Also, there's a bug that if you read the TOS while in full screen mode, it'll crash the thing.

Ah, SEGA, still the same.....

Side note: I created a charcter..... not impressed. Champions Online is more versitile with even just body shapes, and older. It's not possible to make a character the same shape as my CO character pictured, a little under 4 feet tall, female, no breasts at all, and doesn't have wide hips.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Side note: I created a charcter..... not impressed. Champions Online is more versitile with even just body shapes, and older. It's not possible to make a character the same shape as my CO character pictured, a little under 4 feet tall, female, no breasts at all, and doesn't have wide hips.
u tried to make a human character look like a furry or whatev that thing is and your not impressed??????

im pretty sure that this isnt the final product too. yup pretty sure

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u tried to make a human character look like a furry or whatev that thing is and your not impressed??????

No.... as I said, I tried to make a character under 4 feet tall, female, no breasts, and not wide hips. As I said, "Champions Online is more versitile with even just body shapes"
I do not expect PSO2 to have furry options, nor frankly should it imo, it'd break the lore of the game. I'd just like to be able to create a female character that doesn't have minimum C-cup sized boobs, which is the SMALLEST you can do in the benchmark. I understand the majority of male gamers like it, but for the few females players that play it, it's really not fun to stare at them. How wold you like it if you couldn't make a male character without a big crotch bulge? Same situation.

Also, PSU released the character creator before the game came out too, and it was completely unchanged from when the full version came out. I'm pretty sure it'll be the same in PSO2's case as well.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not going for the trollbait this time prowler, sorry.

But as for the benchmark itself, did anyone else think it looked way more like PSU style instead of PSO? I'm hoping they won't make it essentially PSU2, it's supposed to be PSO2.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Crotch bulges aren't nearly as prevalent in many situations. :P Though I do have to agree the chest size thing might be a valid concern if there's not a large range since that is the most prevalent secondary sex characteristic.

There's already PSU2, and I have to admit that the PSU series (especially 2) added a lot of stuff that PSO was missing (more fluid combat, shields, more variety, blah blah), but I'd really like something with new mechanics and the PSO style. I could do without the bad-acting anime-type stuff prevalent in PSU... some of the scenes were cringe-worthy. And the whole "THIS IS AN MMO" aspect could really be fleshed out too.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@[member='Xuphor']
Well, how flat/short do you really want to make your character?
G0WtNh.jpg

ewaDth.jpg

JFYSdh.jpg

zOV9uh.jpg

「画像は『PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2』キャラクタークリエイト体験版において撮影された実機画像です。」
『PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2』公式サイト
http://pso2.jp/
k8ffFh.jpg

RcgBjh.jpg

CaWLeh.jpg

6Nj9eh.jpg

「画像は『PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2』キャラクタークリエイト体験版において撮影された実機画像です。」