Hacking PSO I and II not working with latest Nintendont

clandestine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get "an error has occurred" and it tells me to restart my gamecube refer to my manual. The compatibility list says it works?

Last edited by clandestine,

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get "an error has occurred" and it tells me to restart my gamecube refer to my manual. The compatibility list says it works?
There are 3 different versions of PSO 1&2. Try using HashCalc to verify your specific .iso version against the info I posted below.

If your .iso doesn't match any of these 3 versions then you may have a bad dump. If it DOES match, then it could be just a problem with that specific version of the game.

Phantasy Star Episode 1&2 (ver 1.00)

MD5 = 478bf75c63d6ff30315c9b34cee288ab
SHA1 = d6b591ddc34e689d6792fa5190feda88e969c041
CRC32 = 25b0368b

Phantasy Star Episode 1&2 (ver 1.01)
MD5 = 81724d71a2143a4fccf49020737d3add
SHA1 = 2b7eda3e2f7bdc7479f803684a590992377a4617
CRC32 = 98e98759

Phantasy Star Episode 1&2 Plus (ver 1.02)
MD5 = 36a7f90ad904975b745df9294a06baea
SHA1 = 0ff155311f4cc57951c03baeb1a8cc15de5fe1cd
CRC32 = cdc9bc9a

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken it also needs to be 1 & 2 Plus (v1.02). I don't think 1.00/1.01 work.

Anothing big thing: you must tell it "NO" on the calendar set screen.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
PSO tends to corrupt saves from my experience with Dreamcast and Gamecube. Not that often but once is enough: Lost quite a few characters that were over level 100, one was close to level 200 even >.<

Now, I use Dolphin instead where I can backup the saves and even savestates easily. With the help of savestates, I seldom have to quit the game.
Only problem is: sometimes quit and save doesn't work - I just make a savestate right before quitting, backup the savestate and game save as a pair, memorize something unique to the character (level, exp, unique weapons etc).
Reboot and check, if anything wrong, just reload the savestate and game save pairs and repeat. (it is important to backup the savestate and game save as a pair - PSO checks the game save against the memory copy, if they don't match, PSO refuses to save).

Of course, with Nintendont, you can also backup the game saves but is not as easy as drag and drops in PC.

clandestine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I obtained a copy of Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Plus. It still didn't work. I disabled most of the settings (widescreen, progressive patch, etc) and it booted! Then I tried booting it again and it didn't work. Haven't been able to play this damn game since my disc drive went on my Wii.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I obtained a copy of Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Plus. It still didn't work. I disabled most of the settings (widescreen, progressive patch, etc) and it booted! Then I tried booting it again and it didn't work. Haven't been able to play this damn game since my disc drive went on my Wii.

What does it do when you run it? Are you telling it you don't want to check/change the date and time settings?

Your ISO could be corrupted, too. Check the MD5 hash for it.

Derelles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just recently tried to play this with nintendont and I was not aware that you were supposed to tell it no when it asked about the date and I told it yes what do I have to do to reset or get it to work now

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just recently tried to play this with nintendont and I was not aware that you were supposed to tell it no when it asked about the date and I told it yes what do I have to do to reset or get it to work now

Just restart the game and tell it you don't want to change the date/time. You might have to delete the game save file for it as well but I'm not sure. PSO is very picky when it comes to patches and whether the game ISO is valid or not. Again, make sure the MD5 for it matches.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2