Hacking pSNES: a snes9x port for the Ps Vita

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It expects no-intro filenames, check the gamelist.xml for reference

In our defense, game list XML wasn't so much as mentioned on the GitHub site. Maybe it should be updated to reflect that? Also the fact they need to be zipped wasn't mentioned either. Only thing mentioned is where to install them, not what format or whether or not they need to be zipped, this should really be clarified to avoid frustration.

Lineacero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@cpasjuste friend, now everything works fine for me ,,, I needed to put the mxl file list of games ,, that's why they didn't come out ,, my fault ,,, yours everything is perfect as always friend.:hrth::hrth::hrth::hrth::grog::grog::grog::grog::grog:

Reactions: cpasjuste

Shmatty187

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey. Loving this but can't figure out how to use cheats at all. What folder do I put the cht file in?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey loving this mod but I can't figure out how to use cheats for the dear life of me. What folder do I put the cht file in?

Bajdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Retroarch SNES 2005 core is still better option. Among the games I've played it performs better.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Retroarch SNES 2005 core is still better option. Among the games I've played it performs better.
Yes, those "old" cores add some optimisations for weaker devices, from memory. I may, someday, try to optimize current/latest snes9x again (the one used in pSNES). In the meantime, you have the choice :)

Bajdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Some day? How about this weekend?! :D

I tested FF6 and music was much better in pSNES than in retroarch where it cracks alot, but slowdowns were more severe. Another thing I noticed in pSNES was that it sometimes started to run slow as hell all of a sudden? Not sure if I had some weird setting or what but I tried to change like frameskip and all that without any luck. I had to restart the app to make it normal again.

RaniaAl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Great work,the menues are so much better to browse than in Retroarch.I miss to play some games a reset button.Would that be also an option for the future?

bopz44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, those "old" cores add some optimisations for weaker devices, from memory. I may, someday, try to optimize current/latest snes9x again (the one used in pSNES). In the meantime, you have the choice :)
that would be awesome if you could improve emulation speed of snes, this is really what really lacks for the vita to become the ultimate handheld device for retro gaming, maybe you should start a bounty to give you the motivation i'm sure a lot of people would support you if it could lead to fullspeed somehow, en tout cas super taff mec, j'utilise encore l'adaptateur sd2vita fais par tes soins :P

Sergio88Castro

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Guys I'm very impressed, for a 1th time can play Top Gear 3000 in my Vita, is the only emulator that runs at 98% fine.
But I need a little help with mapping the buttons, I don't know if JOY_FIRE1 are X, Y, A or B.
Thank you so much!

Reactions: Titi11

jalebian

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The user interface here is a huge turn off for me. I don't understand why there cant just be a simple file browser instead of this scuffed setup where every file name has to match that of the no-intro collection.

It does look nice but yeah an option for a simple file browser is really needed here, specially if people are trying to play romhacks and whatnot.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It does look nice but yeah an option for a simple file browser is really needed here, specially if people are trying to play romhacks and whatnot.
Latest version should do that isn't it? It should list any files now, just set the "show" option menu to available (unless I didn't update pSNES for Vita in the last release).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs