Gaming PSN Store back or lied to as always?

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonknuck23 said:
Good to see the shit's working, but every time I try and download something, I still get an error or service is under maintenance. I guess not EVERYTHING is ready to go yet, but with PSN's online gaming being back up, I can be patient. :0

Patience will definitely be needed because a lot of people will be trying to download their free games and probably overload PSN's servers.

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
I was hoping to wake up today to find that the welcome back package was ready but it looks as though it will be a little while longer, don't wanna moan but I wish they wouldn't use words like "very soon" like they did yesterday, I would take that to mean a few hours or at least that same day but I've got enough games to getting on with so whatever.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Stewy12 said:
I was hoping to wake up today to find that the welcome back package was ready but it looks as though it will be a little while longer, don't wanna moan but I wish they wouldn't use words like "very soon" like they did yesterday, I would take that to mean a few hours or at least that same day but I've got enough games to getting on with so whatever.
I am sure it will up by the weekend
smile.gif

Store is working pretty stable for me, as of now. But like I have been saying, dont risk using your credit card lol. Get a pre-paid one for PSN only
wink.gif

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE(http://uk.playstation.com/sign-in/) said:
PlayStation Network is not available at present. This could be for a number of reasons including scheduled maintenance or essential updates and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you can continue to explore the world of PlayStation at eu.playstation.com.

Keep an eye on twitter.com/PlayStationEU for updates and the PlayStation Network bar at the top of the PC version of the site to find out when the service is back up and running.

wut? I wanted to change my password there..

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cosmiccow said:
PlayStation Network is not available at present. This could be for a number of reasons including scheduled maintenance or essential updates and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you can continue to explore the world of PlayStation at eu.playstation.com.

Keep an eye on twitter.com/PlayStationEU for updates and the PlayStation Network bar at the top of the PC version of the site to find out when the service is back up and running.

Patience
smile.gif
. They are probably updating stuff.
Whats your PSN username anyway? lol

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
cosmiccow said:

Patience
smile.gif
. They are probably updating stuff.
Whats your PSN username anyway? lol
Do you reckon they are performing maintenance for the Welcome back package or security reasons?

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
So, we are getting 3 free film downloads too by the looks of it.

QUOTE said:
Enjoy three great films courtesy of the Video Store of PlayStation Store until Sunday evening.

As part of our Welcome Back package, we're treating all PlayStation Network users to three fantastic films this weekend. All are available to download now to your PlayStation 3 system from the Video Store of PlayStation Store.

Take a trip to an American University in House of the Dead 2 and meet the deranged Professor Curien who's murdering students and trying to bring them back to life in a bizarre experiment. This action-packed zombie thriller will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Even more zombies are on the rampage in Resident Evil: Degeneration after a deadly virus is unleashed by a rogue warrior. A chilling mystery is uncovered in this tale of survival - will Claire Redfield and her buddy Leon be able to terminate the virus before it's too late?

In Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, female scientist Aki Ross must protect Earth from an alien invasion that threatens mankind's future. This science fiction adventure is packed with an all-star cast including Steve Buscemi, Donald Sutherland and Alec Baldwin.

You can download all three of these great films from the Video Store of PlayStation Store from now until midnight on 5 June 2011.

For more details on other Welcome Back offers, visit eu.playstation.com/welcomeback.

Please note that this promotion applies to the UK only. The following films are available for the stated territories.

Italy:
Bad Boys II
Hostel
Resident Evil: Apocalypse

France:
Pineapple Express
Punisher: War Zone
Step Brothers

Spain:
Hostel
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Chick

Germany:
Charlie's Angels
Desperado
The Mask of Zorro

Australia:
Black Hawk Down
Hostel
You Don't Mess with the Zohan

http://uk.playstation.com/home/news/articl...s-this-weekend/

Edit: The welcome back package is up!!!

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Huh. Resident Evil Degeneration's a pretty good film. I've always enjoyed Spirits Within, it works better if you ignore the words 'Final Fantasy' in the title and treat it as a standalone. Although the best bit of Spirits Within is the bonus feature. In case you never saw it before, here's what happens when CG animators are given time to piss about with DVD extras...

[youtube]y4nTlpYRPmQ[/youtube]

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
I won't be bothering with any of those films to be honest but I am downloading my 2 free games quick before the store crashes!!
smile.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
How is this Welcome Back package going to work? Do we just log in and download stuff, or is there some sort of emailed code? Is it done by PSN enabled profile or by system? Is it possible to use one account for the UK store and another for the US store to download extra stuff? Details please.

Gonna go check the store once I've finished my dinner and hopefull start getting my free stuff. I'm also thankful that PS+ is free for a while, Magic The Gathering is free for PS+ users at the moment. So's Burnout Paradise but I have it already. The US store has Oddworld Abe's Exodus as a free PS+ game too. Plenty of stuff worth swiping.

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
Just go to the store and you'll see the "welcome back package" thing.

Edit: Managed to get 1 game downloaded, then got an error, went back into the store and all the games had gone so tried this which they say to do but it says 0 games remaining and now the blog has gone into meltdown!!

1. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
2. Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
3. Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
4. Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got 3/4 of my free games.

When I was getting my Free PSP Game 1, I accidentally pressed the back button and I can't get it anymore
frown.gif

I don't play with my PSP anymore so meh

EDIT: I restarted the PS3. I can't sign in PSN anymore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.