Gaming PSN Plus Cards, How Many At Once?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't able to find a simple answer to this online so I thought I'd ask here.

I know with Xbox Live, you can have up to 3 prepaid cards active at one time. Does anyone know if there's a limit for PSN Plus, and if so, what that limit is? I currently have three activated, with Plus good for another 2.5 years or so.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I wasn't able to find a simple answer to this online so I thought I'd ask here.

I know with Xbox Live, you can have up to 3 prepaid cards active at one time. Does anyone know if there's a limit for PSN Plus, and if so, what that limit is? I currently have three activated, with Plus good for another 2.5 years or so.

There is no limit to how many "cards" can be activated because the system stacks up time, not cards.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in theory I could have PSN Plus prepaid for like 10 years or more? :D

GameStop is selling the 12-month cards for $30 each today.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

For all intents and purposes, yes. In fact, one of the members here has 4 years of PSN Plus paid off already as far as I remember. I've never come across anything that would say otherwise - all that is said is that the purchased subscriptions stack up. If you're still in doubt, you can call up Sony's customer service but as far as I know, the sky is the limit.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

whats the point of having more than 4-5 years if a new console gets released or something happens to your current console or yourself?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
whats the point of having more than 4-5 years if a new console gets released or something happens to your current console or yourself?
  1. PSN Plus covers all consoles within the SEN infrastructure - this includes PSP's, PS3's, PS4's, PSVita's and any future Sony systems that will register on it. A new release changes nothing, not everyone's Nintendo and registers per-console.
  2. Something happening to your current system is not a problem because your subscription works on all your registered systems, current and future ones, because again, not everyone's Nintendo.
  3. As far as something happening to yourself is concerned... why go out if you can get crawled over by a bus? Why eat food if you can choke and kill yourself by accident? Why do anything at all? Those are the problems we tackle every single day. :)
To be fair though, 10 years does sound a little excessive - my concern would be whether or not I should invest in a service for the next 10 years if it may or may not be active that long. All you're benefitting is "not having to bother" with extending the subscription later on, really. :P

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the point was that they're 40% off today, so I figured I'd stock up. But really, having almost 3 years paid off is probably fine, who knows if they'll go on sale next year.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
  1. PSN Plus covers all consoles within the SEN infrastructure - this includes PSP's, PS3's, PS4's, PSVita's and any future Sony systems that will register on it. A new release changes nothing, not everyone's Nintendo and registers per-console.
  2. Something happening to your current system is not a problem because your subscription works on all your registered systems, current and future ones, because again, not everyone's Nintendo.
  3. As far as something happening to yourself is concerned... why go out if you can get crawled over by a bus? Why eat food if you can choke and kill yourself by accident? Why do anything at all? Those are the problems we tackle every single day. :)
To be fair though, 10 years does sound a little excessive - my concern would be whether or not I should invest in a service for the next 10 years if it may or may not be active that long. All you're benefitting is "not having to bother" with extending the subscription later on, really. :P

1 ok, i had thought about that, but they can change policies in the future, remember when sony consoles had backward compatibility with the game titles?

2 thats good to know, and yeah i know not everyone is nintendo, i had psp\ps1\ps2 and nintendo is a shity business company about this things...

3, what if in 2 years you get a job and stop having time for playing games like you did before? yes its every single day problems, but come on, if he waste like 100$ on the cards and then a new game will be released and he just needs 10$ for buy that game? stuff like this happens and sometimes is better to moderate things, but yeah they are on sale, so its better to stock it now, but i am sure they will make better deals in the future :/

end of discussion please i don't want to go away from the topic more than i made...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1 ok, i had thought about that, but they can change policies in the future, remember when sony consoles had backward compatibility with the game titles?

2 thats good to know, and yeah i know not everyone is nintendo, i had psp\ps1\ps2 and nintendo is a shity business company about this things...

3, what if in 2 years you get a job and stop having time for playing games like you did before? yes its every single day problems, but come on, if he waste like 100$ on the cards and then a new game will be released and he just needs 10$ for buy that game? stuff like this happens and sometimes is better to moderate things, but yeah they are on sale, so its better to stock it now, but i am sure they will make better deals in the future :/

end of discussion please i don't want to go away from the topic more than i made...

Well yeah, there might be even better deals in the future or cool new games, but it's really hard to argue with a 50% off. I mean, it's $30 for 12 months of monthly games. :P That being said, I agree with you, 10 years is excessive since services are... services - subject to change. Who's to say Instant Game Collection is there to stay? If it'll stop being profitable somewhere down the line, you can end up with what's essentially 10 years of PSN discounts only. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte