Sephxus

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A number of European users have reported that a new PSN ToS is popping up, which they are required to agree with if they want to continue using PlayStation online features. Many people have interpreted this as a step closer to a worldwide PS3 bans because it brings the Europe aggreement to the same level we have in North America. There have not been reports of bans, but as always it is recommended to practice caution.

QUOTE said:
There will be PSN maintenance occurring between 16:05 and 23:00 on Thursday 18th November 2010. During this time, PlayStation Store (via PC and PS3) will be unavailable together with Account Management and Registration services. Users already signed in should not be affected and those that have signed in previously may still be able to do so on their PlayStation 3.

We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause.

QUOTE(Terms of Service and User Agreement @ Nov 17 2010, 12:50 PM)6. You must not use any unauthorised hardware or software to access or use Sony Online Services or make, or distribute unauthorised software or hardware via, or in connection with, Sony Online Services (including but not limited to cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices).

7. You must not modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other part of any Service or cause disruption to any account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to Sony Online Services for any reason, including to gain an unfair advantage in any Service.

8. You must not bypass or attempt to bypass any user authentication systems or security feature or attempt to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment in connection with Sony Online Services (unless permitted by applicable law).

PSN Terms of Service

News source: PSX-Scene

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
I wonder if the PS3 will get any sympathy from the US Congress, like the Android and iOS..This?
http://www.copyright.gov/1201/2010/Librari...-Statement.html

Number 4 is about video game DRM stuff, but it's got an "if", and number two is... QUOTE(ii) The information derived from the security testing is used or maintained in a manner that does not facilitate copyright infringement or a violation of applicable law.

So it seems no special protection in this case.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Arctic said:
I don't blame Sony for starting up bans. If you want to play the game online, pay for it.
wink.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself. As a reformed pirate, I can attest that you just have more fun if you buy the damn game anyway.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
typical sony nazi treatment.

Yes, because you're a "Nazi" if you're trying to stop people from illegitimately modifying your system so they can essential prevent you from getting more profit from your products. Sounds exactly like a Nazi philosophy right there.

When you pirate anything you accept the risks. You have absolutely no leg to stand on if you pirated a game or illegally modified your system and got punished for it. You knew what you're doing was sketchy, you took the risks.

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
jalaneme said:
typical sony nazi treatment.
Yes, because you're a "Nazi" if you're trying to stop people from illegitimately modifying your system so they can essential prevent you from getting more profit from your products. Sounds exactly like a Nazi philosophy right there.

When you pirate anything you accept the risks. You have absolutely no leg to stand on if you pirated a game or illegally modified your system and got punished for it. You knew what you're doing was sketchy, you took the risks.
This.

That's the reason I haven't hacked my 360: not worth the risk of getting banned from Live.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arctic said:
Paying for online seems like a fair deal if you ask me. As long as they don't start bricking consoles it's fine with me.

For a four year old system, it's impressive that they only have issues with pirates now.
pssh... You already paid the internet to go online, forget paying to play online as well. >.>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.