PSM3 Speculation: Metal Gear Solid 5 set in Africa, stars Big Boss

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,623
  • Replies 11
D

Deleted_171835

OP

Metal Gear Solid 5 will be set in 1970s Africa, star Big Boss and - and maybe, just maybe - show the birth of baby Solid Snake, according to an in-depth investigation in the latest issue of PSM3.

In a 10-page feature, Metal Gear series expert Dan Dawkins provides forensic analysis of the Metal Gear timeline, while piecing together over 12 months of Kojima's cryptic tweets, a raft of existing clues and all the 'Next MGS' imagery to date.

The most obvious clue about 'the next MGS', comes from the recent Kojima Productions GDC recruitment advert, where a picture of Big Boss (the hero of Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker) is accompanied by the call to arms, "Big Boss Wants You!".
The Kojima Productions site itself 'hides' another image of Big Boss with a 'Diamond Dogs' logo on his shoulder, which Dawkins claims is a reference to both the 1974 David Bowie album Diamond Dogs (Kojima being a confirmed Bowie fan), but, more importantly, the diamond mines of Angola, against which some of the action could be set.

Previously, characters such as Frank Jaeger aka Cyborg Ninja and Big Boss himself have all been revealed as having links to the continent via countries like South Africa, Rhodesia (neé Zimbabwe) and Mozambique, further reinforcing Africa's importance to MGS canon. Need convincing further? We've included a sample spread from the magazine detailing Dawkins' thinking.

As well as all that, PSM3 explains why the choice of location and timeline could mean a reprisal for Gray Fox (aka Ninja from MGS on PSone), focuses on the philosophical dispute between Big Boss and Major Zero that inspired the plot of MGS4, and reveals how the game could address modern world, mid-economic-recession, issues. Finally, they investigate Kojima's 'Project Ogre' and whether it's the same thing as the 'next' MGS and when both games might be out.

Oh, and why should you trust Dawkins? Because he was the man that correctly predicted the plot, main themes and characters in GTA V months before the official first reveal.

icon11.gif
Source

If this is true and MGS5 doesn't come to the Wii U, this will be the game that will make me get a PS3. Also Gray Fox, yay.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....i'm still waiting to be able to play the boss >.> Seriously she deserves a game set in WW2 now that would be awesome. Anyway as long as he isn't fighting a dozen different tanks/helicopters/metal gears for no real cause it should be good, I hated peace walker's overuse of harder boss battles by just using a tank, where is the thinking in that? All you did was gun and shoot cmon, more sneaking missions and less reliance on equipment.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Intrigues the Fudge outta me....Big Boss needed more game time i think n also the Birth of Solid brings this Full Circle :) Kojima is a Sly devil will also be Sweet to check out Frank AKA Cyborg Ninja i think i just Exploded in my Pants.

Wii U is a Must i Hope it would truly be an Amaing thing :yaywii:

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was under the impression Solid Snake/Liquid Snake were already born by the time Peace Walker took place? Still more Big Boss action i dont mind

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it's not the WWII-era game centered on the Boss I was dreaming of.

Honestly, I'm kinda sick of the Big Boss. He's had a lot of time to shine. MGS3, Portable Ops, Peace Walker. I just feel like they can't get any more out of his character.

That being said, we need a game about the Boss, set in WWII. Because that would be "boss" indeed.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, why not a game centered ar- Wait. I was going to make a joke about Raiden, but then I remembered they are making a game for him and it looks awesome.

Huh. Well, carry on then.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night