Hacking PSM Publisher Licenses are being rejected.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
looks like PSM Publisher Licenses are no go.

people are getting rejected.

did you get rejected? because I also did get rejected.

Last edited by Flame,

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course they are. Sony has removed the dev app from PSN, are forcibly removing the app with the 3.52 firmware update, and are going the extra mile to try to make sure nobody has what they need to use the PSM dev app. Of course they'll ultimately fail, but I give them an A for effort.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Of course they are. Sony has removed the dev app from PSN, are forcibly removing the app with the 3.52 firmware update, and are going the extra mile to try to make sure nobody has what they need to use the PSM dev app. Of course they'll ultimately fail, but I give them an A for effort.

Ill take it as you got rejected... O wait you didnt install PSM Dev thingy.. ;O;

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Ill take it as you got rejected... O wait you didnt install PSM Dev thingy.. ;O;
I still could. The PS3 method of injecting the app into an existing download process apparently hasn't been blocked. Or maybe it can't be blocked. Or a block could be so easily bypassed Sony just can't find it in themselves to care. Either way, I'll consider getting it if interesting stuff starts happening before I can be bothered to update to 3.52, where presumably installation of the app would be blocked completely.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not so sure that they will fail. I think the efforts at exploiting current consoles has demonstrated that the key for console manufacturers (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft) isn't to try to make sure that no exploits are found at all (probably impossible) - the key is to make the exploits niche and obsolete enough so that the exploits don't gain mainstream traction.

Firmware updates and the growing importance of the online infastructure make this relatively easy (witness how many people willingly updated even their Wii U consoles for Splatoon, and imagine a PS4 or Xbox One without online connectivity). We have an exploit for the Wii U and I praise the efforts of all the developers, but the methods are unfortunately complicated enough (requirement of a non-current firmware, update blocking etc.) to ensure it doesn't gain the mainstream traction that the Wii exploits did. And the Vita even more so - limited to the few people who happened to download the PSM Dev application, pretty much locking out most potential homebrew developers other than those already active in the Vita scene.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I still could. The PS3 method of injecting the app into an existing download process apparently hasn't been blocked. Or maybe it can't be blocked. Or a block could be so easily bypassed Sony just can't find it in themselves to care. Either way, I'll consider getting it if interesting stuff starts happening before I can be bothered to update to 3.52, where presumably installation of the app would be blocked completely.

I think is this case you should not update for at least 3/4 months... we could see where this hack heading. after you should do a recap, if anything is happening see where you go from there. my advise. im gonna do that.

D

Deleted-355425

they have been rejecting dev licences for weeks and weeks already, you wont need one soon anyway to use the exploit :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM