• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 5,761
  • Replies 57
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted_171835

OP

PlayStation 4's early technical specifications are looking "more powerful" than those of Microsoft's next-generation Xbox targets, according to PSM3's development sources.

The mag cites sources suggesting that Microsoft's machine will beat Sony's to market "if only by months".

PSM3's sister mag, Xbox World, publishes a similar source-digging next-gen special in its issue out on the same day, claiming that the next Xbox will ship in late 2013 with a PowerPC-based processor from IBM and 'Kinect 2.0' out of the box.

The latter matches up with previous reports, and according to Xbox World it's one reason PS4's looking like it might outperform 360's successor in the processing department.

With its next console Microsoft is looking to focus on "utility and innovation," the report says.

According to the trade mag, Sony and Microsoft have both indicated to third-parties that they'll be showing off their next-generation machines at the Los Angeles show, spoiling Nintendo's Wii U re-reveal in the process.

This won't mean much for anything except for exclusives since multi-plats are made for the lowest common denominator which in this case would be the next Xbox (unless the Wii U is comparable in power).

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted-236924

OP
Specs do not matter if the games are good.
One may say "The PS4 has better specs, therefore it is better."
But if the games are equally good on the PS4 than on the 720, that'd be irrelevant.

However, it could affect homebrew development. Most specifically, emulation.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who cares. The same thing is going to happen next gen like it did this gen. Both consoles get the exact same fucking games while Nintendo's console will be the only one with original games.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Who cares. The same thing is going to happen next gen like it did this gen. Both consoles get the exact same fucking games while Nintendo's console will be the only one with original games.
...you wanted to say "1500 shovelware titles", "10 interesting first-party titles" and "15 interesting third-party titles", all in 3 distinct regions. And before you go all "Durr, herp derp, that's a lie!", I do have a Wii and I've played tons of games for it. I know what I'm talking about.

Reactions: 2 people

rt141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This week has pumped out so many rumours about the PS4 and 720, it's beginning to piss me off.
This week? This DAY is annoying enough, we won't know anything for sure until we actually have the consoles (which in my humble opinion won't be this year...)

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
New rumor : "PS4 has better specs than PS3, according to trustworthy source"... Is it even confirmed that the name of the new Xbox will be "Xbox 720" ?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that Microsoft officials said "720 is not the name of our next product" in a "this is the stupidest idea ever, who's idea was this?" kind of way.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love that every gamer thinks that every other gamer (or at least most) cares only for graphics, and that it always seems to end in shouting wars where everyone tells everyone else what they think.

On topic, I think we should wait for some official announcements first before we start the flamewar. I enjoy a good argument, but it's a bit silly when it's entirely based on speculation and hearsay.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand it still how did gaming go from "this game is good becuase it's really funy to play" to "this game has beast graphics so is really good"???

fallinroxas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that Microsoft officials said "720 is not the name of our next product" in a "this is the stupidest idea ever, who's idea was this?" kind of way.

Well, if "Real Steel" is correct than it will be called Xbox 720.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Well, if "Real Steel" is correct than it will be called Xbox 720.
Achievement Unlocked: Crude but True "You commented something using the weirdest kind of logic and despite that... made perfect sense"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: